Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mauser K98 help needed!

Article about: I'm looking to buy an Original K98, can anyone give me direction on where to find one, or what it takes to purchase such a weapon. I'm trying to start a collection so any help would be more

Iloveww2
    ?

Default Mauser K98 help needed!

I'm looking to buy an Original K98, can anyone give me direction on where to find one, or what it takes to purchase such a weapon. I'm trying to start a collection so any help would be more than welcome.

Regards,
    Darrin

Default Re: Mauser K98 help needed!

Hi Darrin,
    There are so many ins and outs to K98's I suggest you start by reading some books.Backbone of the Wehrmacht or Mauser Military Rifles of the World can be found on Amazon.Research is key to avoiding a mistake.Trust me I have made a few.The first thing you need to decide is your budget.For a true collector piece,all matching original gun, you could expect to pay 1500.oo+/-.If that is not in your budget than you would look at a mis-match(800.00 range).Below that you might consider a Russian capture(400.00 range).A true collector always strives for originality and condition.The problem is that there are so many "humped up guns" that it is hard to make an educated decision with out experience.BUT the good news is you have us.Bill is top notch,and there are a lot of guys here that know there stuff.It might not be a bad idea to post some pics of a gun ,before you buy it,for some opinions.If you catch the collecting bug you will want the best.I find that I am now upgrading a lot of my collection for better pieces.As far as Cali. laws I am not sure but I know the are the worst.My recomendation is to get a C+R license.Check it out on the ATF website.This was the best thing For my collecting,you can eliminate the middle man and be recognized by the Feds as a legit. collector.
    Good Luck

Quote by Iloveww2 View Post
    I'm looking to buy an Original K98, can anyone give me direction on where to find one, or what it takes to purchase such a weapon. I'm trying to start a collection so any help would be more than welcome.

Regards,
    Darrin
    If you find one I'll be glad to try and help you with it...BILL
    Last edited by Bill Grist; 09-23-2008 at 03:50 PM.
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

you could start with something that is no expensive, learn from it, then move up. at gun show you will fined stuff with 300 and up.
    sam < ---don't have alot of money