Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Mauser Standard Modell/Banner Mauser Carbine.

Article about: Hi all. I’ve been getting round to photographing some of my rifles, and thought I would show you guys this Mauser Standard Model/Banner Mauser that I picked up last year. information on th

Default Mauser Standard Modell/Banner Mauser Carbine.

Hi all.

I’ve been getting round to photographing some of my rifles, and thought I would show you guys this Mauser Standard Model/Banner Mauser that I picked up last year. information on these seems to be pretty scarce on the web, with confusion surrounding even the nomenclature itself as I’ve seen this gun referred to as the model 1924 and just as many calling it the model 1933!. My own limited resources state that Mauser wanted to offer their own “short short” to the world Markets in the interwar years following the success of their Belgian and Czech Competitors. If FN and Brno had their own “1924 Pattern” short rifles, it would Make sense for the Marketing team at Mauser to say to foreign customers “sure, we can sell you 1924 pattern rifles as well”.

Like the “S/42” marked Portuguese contract Mauser that I started a thread on previously, this rifle is marked a German Importer, Waffen Hege. As I gather that a great Deal of these rifles were exported to china but also other countries, I’m curious as to where this rifle could have been, particularly as I’m eyeing a German made chinese contract export bayonet and was wondering if this would be a suitable match for this rifle.

Regards.

David.

I think the Chinese contract ones have a Chinese Nationalist Star marking on the receiver near the SN. I don’t see this on yours so I not sure it was sold to China prior to WWII.