Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Mg.34's and 42's

Article about: Hi, This is a picture that I took nearly 10 years ago, it was impressive then and it still is today although the gun collection has increased a fair bit since then. I prefer the 34 to the 42

Default Mg.34's and 42's

Hi,
    This is a picture that I took nearly 10 years ago, it was impressive then and it still is today although the gun collection has increased a fair bit since then. I prefer the 34 to the 42 and will post some pictures shortly of other 34 orientated kit. If you want to see more of my collection then go to www.festungjerseymilitaria
    All the best from Jersey.
    D.

Wanted, soldbuch, wehrpass, photo albums from Germans stationed in the Channel Islands, Jersey, Guernsey, Alderney, Sark, Herm.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mg.34's and 42's  

?

Default Re: Mg.34's and 42's

MG 34 is also a very nice tool, although i have a thing for the MG 42/ MG 62. The 34 was better made one can say, but also much more expensive and time consuming in production. I must admit i don't know much about the MG 34 performance wise, but i would guess it is/was quite reliable. Is it lighter than MG 42/MG 62?

Ex MG 62 gunner.

I think one of my 42,s or 34,s went to you at some point lol
    Ben

?

What would a MG 42 be worth? I have a friend who has a relic MG 42 for sale. Almost in working condition, meaning it's in a really good condition.

?

Depends really whether it is fully deactivated or not ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Nothing has been done to it yet, but i really doubt it will ever be able to fire. I think it would take a lot of new parts to make it operational, and why do that. VERY few people have the permissions to own such a weapon in operational condition. It would also destroy the originality changing the parts. After all, it's a relic and should be kept as found i think.

?

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Nothing has been done to it yet, but i really doubt it will ever be able to fire. I think it would take a lot of new parts to make it operational, and why do that. VERY few people have the permissions to own such a weapon in operational condition. It would also destroy the originality changing the parts. After all, it's a relic and should be kept as found i think.
    The problem is that of course it couldn't be sold in many countries as it's still classified as live or certainly would be in the UK which unfortunately effects any future sale and value
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

That is true. The reason it is not already deactivated is that it would be a shame to do so if somebody had the possibility to take it as it is. Deac is not that a difficult task to perform. Anyway it is not mine and just came to think of how much these go for when i saw that lot.

Hello,
    Very nice photo.....very impressive, thanks for sharing it.
    Almost enough to provide all MG's for an MG Kompanie...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

In Estonia You will probably get 1-3 years in prison for a live MG42:-). Maybe even more if You will try to sell it. When tis MG42 is in Russia it is almost impossible to get it out from the country.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast