Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MG-42 Authenticity Original or not/postwar?Need expert opinion

Article about: Hi all. I am in search of more info on this deactivated MG 42. This Mg 42 was produced by bnz in 1944. What parts were replaced after the war? What is not period correct? What did I see; 1)

Default MG-42 Authenticity Original or not/postwar?Need expert opinion

Hi all. I am in search of more info on this deactivated MG 42. This Mg 42 was produced by bnz in 1944. What parts were replaced after the war? What is not period correct? What did I see;
    1) The stock was replaced after the war and supplied from mg 3
    2) The bakelite grips were replaced after the war.
    3) Only the serial number is visible on the Barrel, without other stamps. Could this be? Or was it replaced after the war? The deactivator does not allow the barrel to be removed.
    Am I missing something else?
    I’m also interested in the stamp on the drum magazine, visible under the repaint stamp ..9/2...?Is this a military production?Thanks in advance.(I am writing through a translator, please forgive me for any mistakes)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MG-42 Authenticity Original or not/postwar?Need expert opinion   MG-42 Authenticity Original or not/postwar?Need expert opinion  

MG-42 Authenticity Original or not/postwar?Need expert opinion   MG-42 Authenticity Original or not/postwar?Need expert opinion  

MG-42 Authenticity Original or not/postwar?Need expert opinion   MG-42 Authenticity Original or not/postwar?Need expert opinion  

drum magazine and butt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MG-42 Authenticity Original or not/postwar?Need expert opinion   MG-42 Authenticity Original or not/postwar?Need expert opinion  

Awesome looking gun they were! Thanks for all the pics. Sure could pump out the rounds!

Mostly this is a Yugoslavian M53 variant of the MG42 produced by Zastava. Not much wartime original bits (only those parted that are Waffenamt marked).
    Last edited by BlackCat1982; 12-07-2023 at 11:22 AM.

What is your opinion based on and what details confused you? Why do you think that most of the parts are from m53?

Hello gentlemen,

The receiver is an original "bnz" 1943 production. The little "BH" is for the Austrian BundesHeer re-use after the war. All parts with an WaA are original.
    For me it is a good war time production.

Best regards from Alsace , France.
    Carfin.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Mostly this is a Yugoslavian M53 variant of the MG42 produced by Zastava. Not much wartime original bits (only those parted that are Waffenamt marked). The drum mag is also post war Yugo as well.
    What is your opinion based on and what details confused you? Why do you think that most of the parts are from m53?
    Personally, I don’t see a single detail from the m53...

Hello gentlemen,

Forget, "bpr" is the german code for : Johannes Grossfuss, Metal und Lackierwaren, Döbeln - Manufacturer of MG 42 & K 98k pieces.

Carfin.

I’m also interested in the authenticity and authenticity of this rear sight assembly. Was there such a deep milling in the middle during the war? I can’t find a photo from this angle anywMG-42 Authenticity Original or not/postwar?Need expert opinionhere on the Internet..

Quote by Carfin LEWYS View Post
    Hello gentlemen,

Forget, "bpr" is the german code for : Johannes Grossfuss, Metal und Lackierwaren, Döbeln - Manufacturer of MG 42 & K 98k pieces.

Carfin.
    My mistake, I saw the Z marking and was sure it was a Yugoslavian marking. Still think the drum is post war too though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast