Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

MG34 bullet belt

Article about: Would like to have a review of this deko mg34 bullet belt. is it any good?

Question MG34 bullet belt

Would like to have a review of this deko mg34 bullet belt. is it any good?

MG34 bullet belt
    MG34 bullet belt

CSW
    ?

All good, but based on the different primer strikes (more rectangular vs. round) some of the casings seem to have been fired through a Czechoslovak ZB vz. 26/30 light machine gun rather than an MG 34/42. The casings are all German and the guns were used by the Germans too.

Not really the worst issue in the world but certainly something to keep in mind if you are looking precisely for rounds that might have possibly been fired from an MG 34.

?

No starter tab either?

Alright thanks for the info, how do I tell apart which rounds belong to which gun? Are there diffrent markings or anything I could follow? Also do you think it would be worth the 50€ price tag it currently has?

Yea starter tab is missing

CSW
    ?

Quote by GoneRogu3 View Post
    Alright thanks for the info, how do I tell apart which rounds belong to which gun? Are there diffrent markings or anything I could follow? Also do you think it would be worth the 50€ price tag it currently has?
    Inspect the primers. As far as I know, the longer square marks are an easy way to identify ammunition that has been through a ZB machine gun, while the round strikes could have been left by a German-made MG. See attachment!

I can't say much about the price, it looks pretty standard to me. If this is exactly the thing you want yourself, naturally it could be worth the money. Remember that it's an auction and the final price might end up being considerably higher though!

MG34 bullet belt

I see thanks for the additional update

Aight, I randomly just stumbled upon it, it's a rare find in my country so for that reason it could well be worth grabbing. But yea I do expect it to go for higher but I shall atleast with intrest follow it.

Quote by CSW View Post
    Inspect the primers. As far as I know, the longer square marks are an easy way to identify ammunition that has been through a ZB machine gun, while the round strikes could have been left by a German-made MG. See attachment!
    MG34 bullet belt
    For what it's worth, the same goes for .303 casings. The rectangular marks are made by the Bren.

thanks for that hint