Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

MG34 training barrel

Article about: Hi everybody I acquired this training barrel for MG34 and wanted to show you because its very rare. Barrel is without rifling, has three manufacturer and numerous waffenamt markings as shown

?

Default MG34 training barrel

Hi everybody
    I acquired this training barrel for MG34 and wanted to show you because its very rare.
    Barrel is without rifling, has three manufacturer and numerous waffenamt markings as shown in bottom pictures.
    If anybody has something similar or some extra info about it, feel free to post or comment.

MG34 training barrelMG34 training barrelMG34 training barrelMG34 training barrelMG34 training barrel

MG34 training barrelMG34 training barrelMG34 training barrelMG34 training barrel

PRE
    ?

Interesting. 'Training' as in purpose-built to allow recruits to disassemble/reassemble MGs and practice barrel changes?

Hi there.

I found this information from a website that has one for sale -

Marked with wartime waffen ampt stamping this is a two-part barrel to replace the standard combat barrel with the express use of firing blank cartridges to accurately simulate live fire.
    The Blank firing barrel rear portion was a "floating chamber" and only the rear floating chamber part of the barrel actually recoiled when in operation. Unlike a live barrel, the front, barrel portion, remains stationary during operation. All of this is well explained with photographs on pages 323 and 324 of "MG34-MG42, GERMAN UNIVERSAL MACHINE GUNS" by Folke Myrvang, a book every WW2 German Collector should own.

Kind regards,

Will.

?

Yes exactly that, plus firing training ammo to save regular ammo and barrel from unnecessary damage or wear.
    This training ammo has lower gunpowder capacity than normal 7.92x57 ammo so in order for weapon to recoil properly, inside radius of barrel must be reduced.
    If regular ammo is fired through this barrel, it will destroy it.

For firing blank, with the rear device, missing here.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    For firing blank, with the rear device, missing here.
    yes, that last piece is missing, i did not got it with the barrel