Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Mosin Nagant purchasing tips?

Article about: by ObKrieger Thanks for that link, Mark. That will work! I don't need a fancy Garand, just a shooter that I can reenact with. Joe, that's strange. I thought that pretty much every gun club c

Default Re: Mosin Nagant purchasing tips?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Thanks for that link, Mark. That will work! I don't need a fancy Garand, just a shooter that I can reenact with.

Joe, that's strange. I thought that pretty much every gun club counted.
    It really is! I joined the club assuming I could use it as a springboard to get my own CMP Garand... I was told otherwise at the first meeting I attended.

?

If you want to scope your Mosin you can also go for a different solution. "The Brass Stacker" makes a picatinny rail for the Mosin and you wont even have do any modification to it. All you have to do is pop out the two pins on the rear sight and it fit right on there. Then put on a pistol scope and you will shoot 1 MOA groups at a plus 100 meters. You can still use the iron sights with the rail mounted. There is quite a few advantages to this solution, the bolt handle one of them. Here is a link Mosin Nagant | Brass Stacker

Scoping your Mosin without any mods is quite a cool thing.

Quote by Datrus View Post
    If you want to scope your Mosin you can also go for a different solution. "The Brass Stacker" makes a picatinny rail for the Mosin and you wont even have do any modification to it. All you have to do is pop out the two pins on the rear sight and it fit right on there. Then put on a pistol scope and you will shoot 1 MOA groups at a plus 100 meters. You can still use the iron sights with the rail mounted. There is quite a few advantages to this solution, the bolt handle one of them. Here is a link Mosin Nagant | Brass Stacker

Scoping your Mosin without any mods is quite a cool thing.
    I wish there was a way to put a PE scope on one without ruining it.

?

There is a list on the CMP page of all the affiliated clubs by State - but CMP is a great option. I've been a member for years.

?

That is why i think Brass Stacker is good solution. You get the best of two worlds. TNP made a very good review on this "Scope Your Mosin!: The Brass Stacker mount" by Nutnfancy - YouTube

?

A while back Cole had PE mounted snipers. So some are out there. I saw one at the range, not a perfect repro but not bad. The fellow shooting it said he had put over 300 rounds through it without problems. Said the scope zeroed easily and did not loose zero. Perhaps a wanted post will locate one for you.Good luck in your quest.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4