Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mp 3008

Article about: Hello all, I've had this for a while and am considering selling since my wife and I are expecting our first kid pretty soon. I hate to see it go, but hey, some things are more important. The

Default Mp 3008

Hello all,

I've had this for a while and am considering selling since my wife and I are expecting our first kid pretty soon. I hate to see it go, but hey, some things are more important. There are surprisingly few markings on it other than the three letter code and date (1945) on the side of the receiver. It is deactivated with the barrel and camber being filled with what looks like brass. I have never tried to reactivate it since I don't want that kind of trouble on my back haha.

I know we can't to appraisals on the forum, but what do we think?

Mp 3008Mp 3008Mp 3008Mp 3008Mp 3008
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mp 3008   Mp 3008  

Mp 3008   Mp 3008  

Mp 3008  

Congatulations for the coming birth of your child! That's really great! I think the gun looks very nice.

Thank you Richard. I'm hoping to get this to a good home (for the right price of course).

That brings up a good question though. Does anybody know what would be the best way to sell this? I live in the US, so I have access to Gunbroker, Gunboards, etc.

I would generally prefer to do a private sale to avoid auction fees.

?

Wow - these are as rare as hens’ teeth in Europe. The last ones I saw for sale were with a U.K. dealer in relic dug-up condition having allegedly been found in the redevelopment of an old factory in Berlin.

Fantastic addition to any collection!

There is a potential issue here? While it looks like an old school 'dewat' with the brass, unless it is papered, there is an issue of the original receiver being in place no?......so I don't think this is the kind of thing that will transfer as a 'dummy gun'......so is it a papered dewat?

I just realized that you said you live in the US. Is the gun also in the US? If it is, it may be legally considered to be a full automatic weapon, because the reciever has not been destroyed. Acceptable ways to destroy a reciever are described here: How to Properly Destroy Firearms | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

If the gun is in the USA, and the only dewat was to fill the chamber and barrel with brass, you could get in serious trouble if you try to sell it, or even possess it.

- - ------- - -
    Last edited by Richard2; 01-02-2022 at 03:56 PM. Reason: double posted

Thanks for your concern guys, but I have all the right stuff for it.

PRE
    ?

What a pleasure to see such a rare model. Thanks for sharing it with us, and best of luck on the disposition of this great example.

Great display piece and congratulations on the first child! They are the learning curve for the next one! How much are looking to get for it?