Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Mp43 - Old spec UK deactivated

Article about: Hi everyone. I have owned this deactivated mp43 for over 20 years and I’ve never posted pictures of it until today. Unfortunately the butt stock is miss matched and could possibly be from

Default Mp43 - Old spec UK deactivated

Hi everyone.

I have owned this deactivated mp43 for over 20 years and I’ve never posted pictures of it until today. It was certified as deactivated on the 12/10/1995.

Unfortunately the butt stock is miss matched and could possibly be from another variant.

The magazine is stamped StG44.

What is a deactivated weapon?
    A deactivated weapon is a real firearm which has been altered in such a way that it is no longer capable of discharging any bullet, missile or other projectile. EU/UK deactivated weapons will have been submitted to one of two Proof Houses (Birmingham and London) in order to check that they have been correctly deactivated to EU/UK specifications. If this is the case they are stamped accordingly and have a deactivation certificate issued. This clearly states what the weapon is and records its serial number. This certficate provides evidential proof that the weapon is no longer a firearm in the eyes of the law and that it is perfectly legal for an individual to own.

Source and further information -
    https://dwsuk.org/Deactivated-Weapons-FAQ
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mp43 - Old spec UK deactivated   Mp43 - Old spec UK deactivated  

Mp43 - Old spec UK deactivated   Mp43 - Old spec UK deactivated  

Continued.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mp43 - Old spec UK deactivated   Mp43 - Old spec UK deactivated  

Final pictures.

PRE
    ?

Very nice condition! Yours looks very nice indeed.

I love the MP-43 and had trigger time on one a couple of years ago. I was thoroughly impressed with the handling, function, manageable muzzle rise and rate of fire. Aside from the hand guard heating up quickly in F/A, I thought it was an absolutely solid platform.

Best,
    Pat

?

Great looking MP43 Willmore,
    So does the bolt cycle? Does it go CLICK when you pull the trigger?

My friend has a MP44. It is a fun one to shoot.
    I liked everything PRE mentioned above about it.
    Also experienced the HEAT when shooting in FA.
    First mag = Warm
    Second mag= Hot
    Third Mag= OUCH!! Give me a glove!!!!!

I thought these must of been a great hand warmer in the winter battles!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Very nice de-act. I just love these and a De-act is really the only way 99.00% of us will be able to own one. They display great.

I have one as well. But unfortunately they replaced the whole forward/upper receiver and bolt with a solid cast aluminum dummy part. They did a good job though. The flip open ejection shield is original as well as the rear site, and bolt toggle. So they took care to put as many original parts back on.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Great looking MP43 Willmore,
    So does the bolt cycle? Does it go CLICK when you pull the trigger?

My friend has a MP44. It is a fun one to shoot.
    I liked everything PRE mentioned above about it.
    Also experienced the HEAT when shooting in FA.
    First mag = Warm
    Second mag= Hot
    Third Mag= OUCH!! Give me a glove!!!!!

I thought these must of been a great hand warmer in the winter battles!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Hi Phil, thanks for your comment.

Yes, the bolt cycles because it is the ‘older specification’ of deactivation, unlike the newer deactivations which are welded solid.

To quote one of our members (BrodieBartfast).

Although it's an older specification of deactivation, it's still pretty thorough. Barrel is slotted, has a rod welded into it. Part of the bolt also has been milled away. Apart from that, it's pretty much as mechanically functional as a working example.

Ha ha ha, yes I can imagine the heat would have been a welcome relief during such winter battles.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Very nice de-act. I just love these and a De-act is really the only way 99.00% of us will be able to own one. They display great.

I have one as well. But unfortunately they replaced the whole forward/upper receiver and bolt with a solid cast aluminum dummy part. They did a good job though. The flip open ejection shield is original as well as the rear site, and bolt toggle. So they took care to put as many original parts back on.

Hi MAP, thank you for the comment.

I totally agree with you there, plus for us guys from the UK it’s our only option.

That sounds like a great example you have!
    Last edited by Willmore; 03-06-2021 at 01:40 AM.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Willmore View Post
    Hi MAP, thank you for the comment.

I totally agree with you there, plus for us guys from the UK it’s our only option.

That sounds a great example you have!
    Not as nice as yours!

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by PRE View Post

Very nice condition! Yours looks very nice indeed.

I love the MP-43 and had trigger time on one a couple of years ago. I was thoroughly impressed with the handling, function, manageable muzzle rise and rate of fire. Aside from the hand guard heating up quickly in F/A, I thought it was an absolutely solid platform.

Best,
    Pat
    Hi Pat, thanks for the comment.

Great photo and story. I’d love to have a go myself one day!