Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My K-50M

Article about: Just bought this beauty earlier today. An original K-50 Báng Sât (vietnamese for Type-50 folding stock) These guns are extremely scarce today, especially in Europe where I live and is the

Default My K-50M

Just bought this beauty earlier today.
    An original K-50 Báng Sât (vietnamese for Type-50 folding stock)

These guns are extremely scarce today, especially in Europe where I live and is the only one in private hands here, and maybe even in the rest of europe.

This one is marked 365058 and 5188.
    The earlier being the chinese s/n and the latter being the Vietnamese gun number (so, 5188th produced).
    As they had built 7000 between 1962 and 1965, and later reached 10000 by 1967 when they stopped, i would guess mine is from 1964.

It's in incredibly good condition and very well made as often they're very crudely made!
    It has a custom field made slingswivel made from a wire and a nail, and a small home made leather band around the sling too, to keep both sides together.

It's deactivated sadly but all parts move and are matching, even though the only parts serialized are the topcover and pistolgrip.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My K-50M   My K-50M  

My K-50M   My K-50M  

Last edited by JustAGuy1250; 04-02-2021 at 11:04 PM. Reason: mistake in the information given about the K-50M's production

PRE
    ?

Very interesting, and congratulations! I think I've seen photos of these in the hands of Viet Cong (or maybe they were Viet Minh).

Thank you very much!
    Very much possible, there are 3 well known pictures of them to find online.
    1 together with a PPS-43 and an MP-40.
    1 in hands of a Vietcong with his buddy holding a sten
    and 1 being tested by an American soldier!

Very interesting.

MAP
    ?

A weapon I've never seen before. Congratulations!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you very much Map!
    Indeed, they are very scarce and unless you're interested in the Vietnam war specifically, you probably wont come across them anywhere
    doesn't help that they never have been used in any other conflict anywhere.

?

My K-50M

Very interesting piece, thanks for showing us.

I really like the design of this, it looks like was influenced by several different weapons. The upper, trigger assembly, fire select and magazine release look just like that of a PPSh-41 and the stock looks just like the one found on the MAT-49.

Haha, that would be because most parts came directly from the chinese Type-50

Great info! I wasn’t aware of the Type-50 and yes, you are right lol.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast