Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My M1 Carbine

Article about: I thought that I'd post some photos of my M1 Carbine, Inland Manufacturing, General Motors 1 Jan, 1944. My dad purchased this at a pawn shop in the 1970s. When he purchased it, it was in a c

?

Default My M1 Carbine

I thought that I'd post some photos of my M1 Carbine, Inland Manufacturing, General Motors 1 Jan, 1944. My dad purchased this at a pawn shop in the 1970s. When he purchased it, it was in a commercial stock so he replaced it with a military stock, and added the bayonet lug. It was his favorite because its the type of weapon he carried during the Korean War. I've included a pic of him that was taken while he was stationed in the Philippines. Thanks for looking.

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My M1 Carbine   My M1 Carbine  

My M1 Carbine   My M1 Carbine  

My M1 Carbine   My M1 Carbine  

Attached Images Attached Images My M1 Carbine 

Great looking weapon..

I have had mine for several years and I enjoy taking it to the range once in a while..

My father also carried one in Korea..

Thank you for sharing this classic firearm with us

Smitty

Looks to have been kept in great shape as it should. Thanks for sharing.

?

Thanks for your comments guys.

Tom

Nice looking carbine.
    Thanks for sharing.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Nice looking carbine! But I think it was made by quality hardware and not inland. The barrel is likely correct as the date on the barrel is close to the receiver date. Quality hardware did not produce their own barrels. Thanks for sharing.
    John

Nice looking carbine and a great way to remember your own Fathers service.

Looks great,thanks for showing it!

?

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the information Rescue190. I was thinking that it was completely made by Inland because of the stamp, but I guess they just supplied the barrel to Quality Hardware?

Tom

Quote by hftiii View Post
    Thanks everyone. I appreciate the information Rescue190. I was thinking that it was completely made by Inland because of the stamp, but I guess they just supplied the barrel to Quality Hardware?

Tom
    That should be correct. Look under the rear sight and you should be able to make out the first and last letters of the receiver stamping. It should be Quality Hardware. Yours would have been the 4th contract for Quality Hardware. In total Quality hardware made approximately 360,000 carbines or almost 6% of total production. Quality Hardware received barrels from several contractors during production as they did not make their own barrels. I would take a quality Hardware over an Inland made carbine in most cases as well as yours.
    John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast