Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My new MAS 44 rifle

Article about: Rarely seen in the UK. Thanks for sharing it with us. Cheers, Ade.

?

Default My new MAS 44 rifle

I just bought this mint MAS 45. It's still packed with cosmolene and is all matching except for the bayonet. It has a barrel date of 1945 and is still in it's original black enamel/stoved finish. I probably will not shoot it because of it's present unfired condition and feel it probably should remain that way. Here's the photos of it, Ray

My new MAS 44 rifleMy new MAS 44 rifleMy new MAS 44 rifleMy new MAS 44 rifleMy new MAS 44 rifleMy new MAS 44 rifleMy new MAS 44 rifle

Default Re: My new MAS 44 rifle

Nice rifle, RayG

Is this the .22 trainer?

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

No it's in the regular 7.5 French rd.
    Originally designed prewar but the prototype weapons were hidden from the Germans during the occupation, in fact, I read they were almost lost during the war and only a couple were eventually found and those were used to produce the above 44 model which became the first full production French semi auto rifle. Approx. 6200 were produced. The Navy was issued all the Model 44's and they issued them to the Navy commandos/marines. The Army wanted the ability to attach a scope and grenade launching capicity which the 44 Model didn't have. Eventually the next two models, the 49 and 49/56 models had those features. Ray
    Last edited by RayG; 10-23-2012 at 06:29 PM.

Nice

Great find! The rifle looks solid and it's a good looking design, as most ww2 era rifles do. The mag does look much too large to feed the small .22. I've been eyeing a ROF No V MK 1 .303 Jungle Carbine. It's not very easy to get great information on all these rifles. Once I learn something of value, the item is sold or gone or whatever.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Nice rifle! I love the smell of those old rifles! MMMMMMM, cosmoline!

?

Nice catch.

?

Great find.Not many of those around anymore.

?

Quote by samnev View Post
    Great find.Not many of those around anymore.
    ....let alone in that condition.

?

great score !

Very nice, In the Army I used the Mas 49-56 and this weapon was a great souvenir.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast