Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

My Webley MkVI....at last

Article about: As many of you will know here in the U.K. we have some very unique firearms laws............but with patience and a little perseverance it is possible to convince the authorities that you ar

Default My Webley MkVI....at last

As many of you will know here in the U.K. we have some very unique firearms laws............but with patience and a little perseverance it is possible to convince the authorities that you are a grown up and can be trusted to own some pieces of our firearms heritage..........such as my 1917 Webley MkVI in .455cal......I have wanted to add one of these to my collection for many years and finally have one. It's dated 1917, has patina consistant with age but is in good mechanical condition with no serious wear and an absolute joy to shoot, I have only put six rounds through it so far but it is very accurate...........Another quirk of our laws is that I cannot keep it at home, it must remain locked away at the armoury at my club............

Campaign to protect your rights shooters of the world..........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Webley MkVI....at last   My Webley MkVI....at last  

Default Re: My Webley MkVI....at last

America isn't far behind with the hack jobs we have in political office. Looks like a very nice revolver. Congrats!

Good for you, for persevering, great looking pistol.
    I had the WS version of the MkVI - these are fun to shoot.
    Point of aim was just below the front sight, opposite to commercial S&W's, Colts, etc., it was fine, just different.

As helmetone says, many issues here and more in the pipeline, I have had my federal and state permits for some time, as civilian ownership is under attack from all sides.

Pit.

Lugerlout, this is news to me. Is the only catch that you have to keep it at the gun club or did they bombard you with paperwork etc and generally make it difficult as well? I do not like to see guns cut up but that is the only way we can do it If it were a fairly easy process I would much prefer to join a club and do it your way.

great looking Webley!!!

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Hi Pit and helm, yes the political winds are blowing in unfavourable directions it seems..........we have had our privilages gradually eroded by ambitious and ignorant politicians over the years.

Spit.............it ain't easy mate by any means...........if you are seriously interested in sports shooting though do a quick search for clubs in your area, they are your best first contact.........most have websites now but dont expect to be able to just 'drop in' for a go..............contact the club secretary or membership secretary in the first instance, best of luck.

Phil

Whats the WS version? Did you mean WG?

No, I love the WG - the WS was a private purchase of a slightly higher quality than the regular issue revolver, but not as high a quality as the WG - or so I have been led to believe.

Pit.