Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Nagoya Army Type 14 Rig

Article about: I picked up this rig along with a type 94 rig. This one has matching internals except for the striker follower and cocking knob. They are number to each other but not to the gun. The grip pa

Default Toriimatsu Factory 1st Series Type 14 Rig

I picked up this rig along with a type 94 rig. This one has matching internals except for the striker follower and cocking knob. They are number to each other but not to the gun. The grip panels are void of any serial numbers and only the left one has some type of marking as shown but cannot read. I tried to show the fit in the pics but not easy for me to do. The fit of the grip to the gun is rather rough. I do not know if these are original or replaced at some point. Does not seem like it would be a Japanese Army repair but I cannot explain the cocking knob and striker follower either. The magazine matches last three numbers with the second mag pin punch. The mag inspector marking looks correct to me. The rig also came with a spare striker that has a serial number on it that does not match the gun.
    The holster is in good shape with good markings.
    I have a couple of questions that I could not figure out in the Derby and Brown book are.
    Should the grip panels been serial numbered to the gun?
    Field replacement or post was messing with?
    The bolt is blued. Should it be?
    Help with the holster date markings please.
    All opinions are appreciated. Thank you for looking.
    John

Nagoya Army Type 14 RigNagoya Army Type 14 RigNagoya Army Type 14 RigNagoya Army Type 14 RigNagoya Army Type 14 RigNagoya Army Type 14 RigNagoya Army Type 14 RigNagoya Army Type 14 RigNagoya Army Type 14 RigNagoya Army Type 14 RigNagoya Army Type 14 RigNagoya Army Type 14 Rig
    Last edited by Rescue190; 10-30-2018 at 02:11 PM.

MAP
    ?

Can't help with the questions, but is in fantastic condition with a nice holster.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Sorry I can't help either but that is a Great looking combo!

Semper Fi
    Phil

These are interesting pistols, I like the blueing on this one. I wished I started collecting these when they were cheap. I used to pass on them at gun shows, less than $300 often with a holster...

Thank you for the comments. I now know the grip panels have been replaced as they should have 24 groove grip panels and been numbered to the gun as noted in another forum. I also corrected the title to be more accurate.
    John