Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Need opinion on Kar 98k BNZ 43

Article about: Hello everyone, a few days ago I uploaded some photos of a Kar 98k, however, it seems that I have found a better option since the bolt it brings seems original from Kar, it is a Kar 98k BNZ

Default Need opinion on Kar 98k BNZ 43

Hello everyone, a few days ago I uploaded some photos of a Kar 98k, however, it seems that I have found a better option since the bolt it brings seems original from Kar, it is a Kar 98k BNZ 43. It's also dissabled. What do you think? Thank you for your answers. The seller fixed the price in 450$. Regards.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need opinion on Kar 98k BNZ 43   Need opinion on Kar 98k BNZ 43  

Need opinion on Kar 98k BNZ 43   Need opinion on Kar 98k BNZ 43  

Attached Images Attached Images Need opinion on Kar 98k BNZ 43  Need opinion on Kar 98k BNZ 43  Need opinion on Kar 98k BNZ 43 

Much better than the previous one you’ve shown! Hard to tell from the pictures, but this one may not be a Russian capture. The only way to know for sure would be to get some better photos of the serial numbers.

B.B.

I'm afraid I diasagree with BB on this one, the dark glossy varnish to the woodwork does look similar to Russian arsenal refurbished ones. However I don't see any obvious marks to confirm that.

I agree with BlackCat 1982 that the reddish varnish looks Russian, but it is hard to tell from a photo. Russian captures are mismatched, but personally that would be a very minor concern to me. It is up to you if you want to wait an pay more for an original condition (except for being deact) WWII rifle, or get one that has an additional Cold War history.

I have no problem if it was used by the Soviets, it is still an interesting piece at a good price. This small mark that you see in the image could be the X of the Soviets?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need opinion on Kar 98k BNZ 43  

Agree with blackcat to me it also looks like a Russian capture, the stock has the Russian shellac they applied on them during refurbishment and the top of the receiver between the maker mark and year has a “X” stamped on it which indicates a Russian capture.

But it does look better then the last one you shown since it appears to all have original k98 components.

Yeah much better than the last I agree. That R/C varnish sure stands out but the fonts look good and BNZ in a nice code to be had over here in the U.S. I would think the metal will clean up with some oil. I would leave the stock alone. Gun looks better than the BYF 44 I bought years back as a shooter. LOL That BNZ over here in up and running condition would probably go nearer to $1000 American bucks. Surprised you located another so quickly. Good luck with your choice.