Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New addition: early PPSh41 stick magazine

Article about: Thanks for the comments guys. I got the mag for a fair pice of £25, after knocking him down from £35. Cheers, Ade.

Default New addition: early PPSh41 stick magazine

Hi Guys, I have been after one of these for many years. I finally bought this one at the weekend.

This is the early issue "bell mouthed" magazine. This was the first version of the 35 round stick magazine. First introduced in Feb 1942. The steel used was found to be too thin a gauge at 0.5 mm and could dent too easily, so the design was changed and the steel thickness increased to 1mm. The mouth of the mag was also redesigned.

In total there were three basic designs used during the war.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New addition: early PPSh41 stick magazine   New addition: early PPSh41 stick magazine  

New addition: early PPSh41 stick magazine   New addition: early PPSh41 stick magazine  

New addition: early PPSh41 stick magazine   New addition: early PPSh41 stick magazine  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: New addition: early PPSh41 stick magazine

Addition info on PPSh41 mags can be seen in this old post here:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/firea...7-2/#post26433
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

This is the one i saw on Sunday, its in very good condition and nicely marked, a nice find Ade

Hi Dave, yes that is the one.

I added 25 Drill Purpose 1954 dated Czech made 7.62 x 25 rounds for a fiver.

Cheers, Ade.

very nice ade.i thought they only ever used the drum?shows what i knowregards minnie.

Hi Dave, glad to have helped then!

The drum is fiddly to load: you have to take the front plate off, cock the spring eight times, then drop each of the 71 rounds in place in place . Then replace the plate. The stick mags were issued to make both production quicker and filling easier. Total amount of rounds carried by the man was three sticks in the pouch and one in the gun, only 2 rounds less than a man carrying two drums, neither here nor there when the rate of fire was 900rpm! The drum was actually a copy of the Finnish Suomi mag.

Cheers, Ade.

i can see why these were so feared at stalingrad,the germans used to have a famous saying.if you get hit by one you get hit by ten.this is why they swopped there mp40 for this reliable weapon when stumbled across,yes you did help ade thanks!!!!regards minnie.

?

The drum was also heavy, and jammed often, so they usually didn't load it all the way.

Very nice find Ade...Haven't seen it before...A very good buy...Regards, Thanos.

?

Congrats.

Nice mag.

The PPSh is a beaut. Always liked the look of it.
    An unmistakeble profle.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast