Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New m1 Garand my first one

Article about: Someone owed me money and this is what I got instead which I have always wanted one. I know it was made in the 1950s? . It doesn't matter to me if its ww2 receiver or not. Is this rifle just

FNG
    ?

Default New m1 Garand my first one

Someone owed me money and this is what I got instead which I have always wanted one. I know it was made in the 1950s? . It doesn't matter to me if its ww2 receiver or not. Is this rifle just a mixed pile of parts?. It looks solid and seem's to work fine. I doint know the market on these, just looking for more info on the parts and anything else i'm missing

thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New m1 Garand my first one   New m1 Garand my first one  

New m1 Garand my first one   New m1 Garand my first one  

FNG
    ?

Default more pics

another picture
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New m1 Garand my first one  

Someone owing ya money! serious stuff! glad I wasn't around

FNG
    ?

I know giving value we don't like to do but tell me its over 700

You are correct it is a 1950’s garand, as for the parts being original to the rifle I’d say all the parts look original to the gun or atleast from the same manufacturing time period, the front gas tube and front sight look to be replaced at some point as they are not parkerized (the finish of the metal) which all 1950’s garands were parkerized. Great rifle though!

FNG
    ?

Thank you for the response. I have read that sometimes m1 garand has mixed ww2 parts. Im glad this is all original to the rifle.
    Is my 700 dollar a good investment being a later production?
    Honestly with this i don't care if its ww2

I could see the 1952 and 1953 garands having ww2 parts on them but yours is a higher serial number, Can I see it being worth as much as a ww2 garand? No. But it is worth more then 700$, not sure where you live U.S or Canada but up here in Canada you can’t find one for under 2000, wartime or post war.

FNG
    ?

I live in the west coast. I have seen them once in a blue moon for instance at a pawn shot shop for 1800 plus. I don't base it off pawn shops and gun broker for instance, i like the real numbers. Im not asking prices to sell but to make sure I got my 700 back and also for insurance, and if its correct parts. Are you kidding that much up there? I know prices are insane here now, the same guy will be forking over a ww2 dated 1911 also. Ill have to post photos for that

I can find the odd one at a gun show for maybe 1800 but recently at shows when I do see one they average at 2300-2600, more rare up here as we weren’t issued garands back in the day so they all had to imported, one thing Canada is good for is the russian and Chinese guns are decently cheap.

FNG
    ?

I understand that ( supply and demand) . well I wish we had that problem down here for Russian and Chinese firearms. I sold some russian weapons and want them back. To bad our countries cant trade among collectors

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast