Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New member introduction

Article about: My username "Uncle Dudley" comes from my Uncle's nickname. He was a D-Day veteran of the 2nd Inf Div. I became interested in WWI, WWII, and Korean war history as a boy, growing up

Default New member introduction

My username "Uncle Dudley" comes from my Uncle's nickname. He was a D-Day veteran of the 2nd Inf Div.

I became interested in WWI, WWII, and Korean war history as a boy, growing up with war veterans and hearing their stories. At around 12 or 13 years old I was "drafted" by the local American Legion Post to be the bugler for military funerals, when the Post bugler couldn't play any more. My Grandfather, 1 great uncle, 3 uncles, 1 aunt, my Dad and many cousins were war veterans who belong to the Post. Since I played the trumpet in school, I guess I was a natural choice, with all the relatives already Legion members. As we gathered for the funeral ceremony, I would listen to the stories of the veterans, which peaked my interest in Military History. We would meet at the "War Relic Museum" that the Legion Post had next to the Legion Post Club and Hall. As we waited I would browse the war trophies brought back by the veterans and displayed in the museum. Asking the old vets about the items always led to more stories and information, which increased my interest.

My Dad was an Armorer with the 4th Fighter Interceptor Sqdn in Okinawa, Japan during the Korean War. We always had guns around and enjoyed shooting and hunting sports as I grew up. Dad was available when a firearm wouldn't work, and could usually figure out what was wrong and help the situation.

So I became interested in weapons, mostly WWII, and started a small collection.

Here are the 2 gems of my collection, both made in 1942, in a case made by me from a WWII/Korean War Mine Detector case.

M1928A1 TSMG (Savage)
    MP40 (Haenel)

Welcome to the forum and the case you made with the two guns in it is superb.

If you can be so good as to upload your pictures direct to the site that would be greatly appreciated, as linked images often vanish meaning the threads lose all value in the future.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Welcome Dud!...

Superb smg's that appear to be in mint condition. Oh and welcome to the forum.

Default WWII sub machine guns

Pics
    Attached Images Attached Images New member introduction  New member introduction  New member introduction  New member introduction  New member introduction  New member introduction  New member introduction  New member introduction  New member introduction  New member introduction  New member introduction 

That MP40 looks immaculate.

Nice - can you upload a pic of the markings on the receiver cap

welcome.

Quote by Uncle Dudley View Post
    Pics
    Hi Dudley, you can post pics of up to 1mb direct to the forum once you have mastered the use of the forum uploader which allows them to be seen in a large size so we can all drool over your guns.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

It is very nice, but it is a refinished gun, and very well done with excellent metal. All parts are number matching, but I shoot it with another original bolt and firing pin assembly. I'll see if I have a pic.

U D

My Niece's husband learning to fire the TSMG.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast