Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nothing Bigger Than My Bren Gun ( Inglis Mk1m )

Article about: ...although a cased PaK43 round runs it close. The Bren is the largest item in my collection and as such, sadly rarely sees the light of day. However, this morning I thought it'd be fun to g

Arrow Nothing Bigger Than My Bren Gun ( Inglis Mk1m )

...although a cased PaK43 round runs it close. The Bren is the largest item in my collection and as such, sadly rarely sees the light of day.

However, this morning I thought it'd be fun to get it out of it's case and photograph it with some of the Bren-related bits'n'pieces which I've acquired over the years. It's a 1941-dated, Inglis-built Mk1m in very clean condition. I bought it back in 1997, when I could take my pick from three pallets full in an old aircraft hangar in Lincolnshire ( those were the days ! ).

I really like the Bren - it looks and feels solid and dependable. Maybe not as 'sexy' as an MG42, but without doubt, a very historic firearm.

VERY COOL!!! Thanks for sharing.

Mart

Awesome, classic British sledgehammer

Jamie

?

.. and far more practical than an MG42!

Lugging a ton of ammunition and several spare barrels? No thanks.

Love it. I should have got one of these when they were everywhere..

Lightbulb

I have to say, I'd forgotten how heavy it is...OK, I'm an old codger, but hats off to all those who fired a Bren 'from the hip'.

Very nice!! Always been a big fan of the Bren though never fired one. Thanks for showing

A superb example of a superb weapon. I had the pleasure of firing the .303 Bren on many occasions when I was an army cadet in the early 1960's, and then again (in 7.62) when I was a regular soldier in the early 70's. So much better than the ammunition greedy Mg42 whose rapid rate of fire made it more of a burden to an infantry section, and of course there was also the dreaded 'bolt bounce' that could put it out of action in the blink of an eye. I know there will be fierce debate about this, but the Bren was probably THE finest LMG of WW2.

I don't see a: TOOL FOULING BREN MK1 in the pictures Martin, if you need one I have a spare you are more than welcome to have. PM me if you want it.

Cheers,
    Steve

?

Wow!!!
    Love the finish on that one.
    Thanks for sharing that Beast!!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

If I had that...it would always see the light of day. Nice montage photo!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thumbs up

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post

I don't see a: TOOL FOULING BREN MK1 in the pictures Martin, if you need one I have a spare you are more than welcome to have. PM me if you want it.

Cheers,
    Steve
    Thats a generous offer Steve ; many thanks !

But one of the pleasures of today was digging through and finding many little 'extras' hidden in various pouches and bags, all acquired very cheaply in the 1990s, which included this little tin of goodies. The only thing I don't have, I think, is a spare barrel.

I've noticed recently that e-bay prices for this sort of stuff are heading Northwards noticeably....

Collecting Bren stuff can be fun !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast