Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Odd M1 Carbine

Article about: Look at this clip. Around the 5:20 mark. Looks like an M1 Carbine with an extended barrel. Are my eyes playing a trick on me? Log into Facebook

MAP
    ?

Default Odd M1 Carbine

Look at this clip. Around the 5:20 mark. Looks like an M1 Carbine with an extended barrel.

Are my eyes playing a trick on me?

Odd M1 Carbine
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Well, by golly......my eyes were not deceiving me.

But, if you look closely, the one in the video is slightly different. The last 6 inches or so of the barrel look thicker or at least somewhere around the 6 inch mark, there is some type of sleeve/coupling. It also has not welded on scope mount or scope.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

The video is not all that clear, could look the way it does for any number of reasons.
    Regards,
    John

MAP
    ?

yeah, video is not the best but it looks like an extension rather than a single barrel. Still, if it is the T3, what a rare piece it would be. And real combat video to boot!

Interesting film grab

I think it has a grenade launcher attached? The last 1/3th section of the barrel seems a bit thicker than the rest.

MAP
    ?

You are correct it seems. Here is a photo in post 7 of this link.

Very interesting and a first for me.

Thanks for the detective work.

M1 Carbine grenade launcher

?

so were they ever used in combat by US troops? and were they listed as BEAUTWAFFEN?

MAP
    ?

Quote by toot View Post
    so were they ever used in combat by US troops? and were they listed as BEAUTWAFFEN?
    ??? The sniper version or the grenade launcher? I assume you mean the sniper version as I have a photo of the grenade launcher in the first post

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast