Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Old MG34 pics.

Article about: My daughter bought me an old German photo album - the majority of the pics are Maxim machineguns, but there was a pic of an MG34 in AA mode, as well as two pics of MG34's at the shooting ran

Default Old MG34 pics.

My daughter bought me an old German photo album - the majority of the pics are Maxim machineguns, but there was a pic of an MG34 in AA mode, as well as two pics of MG34's at the shooting range - on what looks like a cold day, the sheepskin coats look serious.
    The photo-album was dated 1939 - but the photos themselves were dated 1941 on the reverse.
    I know these should probably be in the photos forum, but they are of a specific and interesting enough nature i thought I would post here.

I was looking for a reference for my MG34 set-up, the pic is pretty good.

At Range:

In AA config:

Pit.
    PS. Some MG shots, for the water cooled amongst you.

Default Re: Old MG34 pics.

Great pics Pit!!!

I like them!

?

Very nice Pitfighter, I enjoy these early MG photos as well. If you look on the shoulderstrap on that nice Camo helmet pic, there seems to be a "13 or 18"......possible unit ID?

Hi Bill,

Yes, it looks like a 12 or 13.

Here is the inscription on the inside of the cover:

There were lot's of parade and marching out pics in the photo's my daughter and I found one of the hotel Denner, that we then found pics of on the internet, very little had changed - we thought about sending the pic of the soldiers posing out front, then decided against it.

Then:

Now:
    Aussenansicht des Hotels - Bild Denner Hotel Heidelberg

I love studying these old pics -

I have decided to add one of those big sheepskin set-ups to my uniform collection, lol!

Pit.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Old MG34 pics.  

?

Awesome Before and After comparisons! I know, some people miss important things in the background in pics...which can really tell you a lot. And yeah, tough call on sending the photo....some people might not accept it as a scene of history, as we would sadly.
    Those big coats were popular in Poland, as I have some pics of them in wear there. Would make a cool display with an M35 helmet and winter boots. They had white and brown/black colors too! lol

These pics are very small in person.
    I didn't really notice until looking over these enlargements.
    But, it looks like the fusee cover and water cooling end cap are polished brass on the MG08/15.
    What are the thoughts on this?
    Strange practice if they are, especially considering the effort made with the camouflage.
    *It looks like the same three soldiers in both pics, so perhaps they're just taking training photos.

Thoughts?

Pit.

?

Yes, certainly training photos Pit. They are always very nice images too IMO.

Here is the unit info from Lexicon:
    Gliederung MG-Bataillone
    Seems that in Jan 1941, they were one of the first battalions sent to Libya! Later companies 1-4 were integrated into the Schutzen regiment for 15 panzer division. Very cool

Cool photos! First post, first photo : A visor hat wearing officer shooting an MG34!!!! COOL
    second from the end photo : Nice camouflage job... I love seeing camouflaged soldiers in period pictures!

Cracking pictures, I zoomed up the picture of the Mg34 AA set up (3rd pic) it's an early one, 4 hole barrel jacket with a machined top cover.
    What I spotted and haven't got a clue what it is nor seen anything like it before, is there's something attached to the lower half of the pistol grip, and something else, like a silver disk above it on the receiver. Great, great pictures Pit. Jonathan.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast