Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Old Ruger 10/22 pickup,no comparison with the new ones.

Article about: Am sure the new ones shoot fine but they sure are not the quality of the older ones.Paid 150.00 for this one,its been used but not abused.The older ones had the nice hardwood stock ,metal bu

Default Old Ruger 10/22 pickup,no comparison with the new ones.

Am sure the new ones shoot fine but they sure are not the quality of the older ones.Paid 150.00 for this one,its been used but not abused.The older ones had the nice hardwood stock ,metal buttplate,metal triggerguard and front band.Now they have a beech stock plastic buttplate,triggerguard and front band.This is a pre warning ,these a an overall nicer finish.I would not trade this for a new one,no way!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Old Ruger 10/22 pickup,no comparison with the new ones.   Old Ruger 10/22 pickup,no comparison with the new ones.  

Old Ruger 10/22 pickup,no comparison with the new ones.   Old Ruger 10/22 pickup,no comparison with the new ones.  

Old Ruger 10/22 pickup,no comparison with the new ones.   Old Ruger 10/22 pickup,no comparison with the new ones.  

Yep nice score and the price not bad for a vintage one. Check the serial no. online for year of manufacture. First .22 I had and I bought used for $48 back around 1968. It was a 1966 made gun according to the serial. Unfortunately it was stolen and not recovered. If I see one like yours at a show I will probably grab it. Thanks for showing.

MAP
    ?

Nice. A gun you can shoot and never have to worry about!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Mauser and Map!Yeah I had the same thing happen,bought one new from Coast to Coast in 1971 think I paid 98.00 for it ,was stolen out of my Mustang in the early 80s,should have locked darn the car!Anyway always wanted another to replace it,this will work it was made in 1973,thanks for the info.didnt know there was a born on site.Wow too bad you lost the 1966,thats early,think they started production in 1964,but stuff happens.Here one of the first takedowns made with wood stock in stainless,yeah a newer 10/22 but around 10 years old .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Old Ruger 10/22 pickup,no comparison with the new ones.   Old Ruger 10/22 pickup,no comparison with the new ones.  

Quote by Toecutter View Post
    Thanks Mauser!Yeah I had the same thing happen,bought one new from Coast to Coast in 1971 think I paid 98.00 for it new,it was stolen out of my Mustang in the early 80s,should have locked darn the car!Anyway always wanted another to replace it,this will work it was made in 1973,thanks for the info.didnt know there was a born on site.Wow too bad you lost the 1966,thats early,think they started production in 1964,but stuff happens.
    Yep came out in 1964. I believe the .44 magnum came out first. Nice guns if you can find them.

Got to agree with you TC. I hate plastic stocks.

Thanks Anderson!Maybe we are just old school,but I think the wood looks better,it adds a little more weight and seems to balance better.

Just like to add it is nice to see some modern sporting arms posted on the forum also. Big changes lately in firearms production. Some OK and some not but just glad I bought what I did many years back and held onto a few. A few that I thought were run-of-the-mill seem like high end stuff these days.

Yeah I know what you mean mauser,the old adage,"they dont make em like they used to" applies here,and cars ,and motorcycles etc.etc!