Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

opinions on a 1937 k98

Article about: so after a week or so of scavenging the internet i found a collector here in Ontario whose selling out his collection. He has this 1937 k98 with all matching SN except he says that at some p

?

Default opinions on a 1937 k98

so after a week or so of scavenging the internet i found a collector here in Ontario whose selling out his collection. He has this 1937 k98 with all matching SN except he says that at some point during the war the barrel was changed out at the Mauser factory. Hes asking 1000$ for it and it doesn't appear to be a Russian capture. Just wanna know your guys opinion on whether its a good buy or not. Hes going to be bringing most of his collection to the gun show this weekend but i have first pick of the crop so id like to let him know by the end of the week.

opinions on a 1937 k98opinions on a 1937 k98opinions on a 1937 k98opinions on a 1937 k98opinions on a 1937 k98opinions on a 1937 k98opinions on a 1937 k98opinions on a 1937 k98opinions on a 1937 k98opinions on a 1937 k98opinions on a 1937 k98opinions on a 1937 k98opinions on a 1937 k98opinions on a 1937 k98opinions on a 1937 k98opinions on a 1937 k98opinions on a 1937 k98opinions on a 1937 k98

?

To me this is a $400 rifle,the numbering in the first picture shows it to be a Yugoslav rebuild,if you compare picture #1 with picture #9 you can see they are also different rifles,look at the butt plates and compare the front band with other pictures,also the stock appears to have been sanded.....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

It's like a Mitchell's Mauser... To me it's even more worked over than a Yugo refurb, look at the bolt relief in the wood, it is sanded smooth to an extreme degree.

I don't get the point, but it doesn't represent any kind of history, other than to have have all of it's history erased in an effort to make it look new again.

To each his own.

?

Thanks for the opinions guy, also I noticed that the one photo of a different rifle was actually my mistake, I posted a photo of the other rifle I was looking at. I was kinda suspicious about the stock as it seemed to good of shape so my suspicion seems to be confirmed. I think I might save my money and keep an eye out for maybe a lee enfield or see if I can't find anything interesting at the next gun show in March.

SRB
    ?

not yugoslavia work and seems that is new work

?

Also just for future reference, how do you tell a yugo rework from an original, and what is the approximate value of a Russian capture.
    Thanks

Yeah afraid the guys are right phil. Sanded stock and the numbering stamped on it not original. Russian Captures have gone up lately and are fetching $450 to $600 depending on condition and how many parts are mis-matched. Save your bucks for the next show or LGS.

Being a S/42 1937, 95% this is an early Portuguese contract; stock sanded for sure, probably to hide the Portuguese crest on the left side of the buttstock. By the pics it's diffucult to say if reblued or not.

?

glad i check before i made any decisions. So how much could expect to pay for a good all matching original. I would love to aquire one but dont wanna over pay either.

Quote by Phil97 View Post
    glad i check before i made any decisions. So how much could expect to pay for a good all matching original. I would love to aquire one but dont wanna over pay either.
    Usually way north of a grand Phil. Gunbroker has em sometimes but prices are often through the stratosphere. I often look in gun stores for possible trade-ins. Might look into estate sales if any around. Don't know if you attend gun shows but prices there too can be sky high even for a bolt mis-match. hopefully you can score one at a more reasonable price if ya try hard enough. let us know if you find some possibilities.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast