Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

P-38 AC 45 w/matching Ser#'s. "a" block matching holster

Article about: Some years past, a man who worked for me needed cash and sold me four of his P-38's, of which this is one. (He had more than a dozen but four was my limit.) He told me that all were purchase

Default P-38 AC 45 w/matching Ser#'s. "a" block matching holster

Some years past, a man who worked for me needed cash and sold me four of his P-38's, of which this is one. (He had more than a dozen but four was my limit.) He told me that all were purchased from vets with original magazines and holsters. I knew him as an honorable man (he is no longer with us) so had no reason to doubt him. This example is in remarkable condition and appears almost mint. Slide, frame and barrel all bear matching serial numbers. The holster has an unusual ink-stamp maker mark on the inside, and I am hoping that one of you knowledgeable collectors can identify the marking and determine the manufacturer. It is not deactivated and is very accurate.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture P-38 AC 45 w/matching Ser#'s. "a" block matching holster   P-38 AC 45 w/matching Ser#'s. "a" block matching holster  

P-38 AC 45 w/matching Ser#'s. "a" block matching holster   P-38 AC 45 w/matching Ser#'s. "a" block matching holster  

P-38 AC 45 w/matching Ser#'s. "a" block matching holster  

?

gxy = Gebr. Klinge, Dresden (code) GXY WaA 706 .

As for the stamp. I'll leave that one to the Pro's. I can't even make out what it says.
    On a side note, that P38 is a beauty!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Many thanks!

"ac 45" manufactured 1945 by Carl Walther AG Waffenfabrik GmbH, located at Zella-Mehlis.
    An exceptional pistol and holster. The holster being a 1945 produced item is also extraordinary as by then Germany was running out of leather and was re-cycling leather and using webbing and even laminated materials instead of leather for holster and bayonet frogs. So is the holster authentic? I'll leave that to others.

Very nice example indeed. Have not seen many for sale recently. Thanks for sharing.