Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

P 38 simulated pistol

Article about: This is a very life-like copy of a P 38. Even the grips appear to be bakelite. It has a clip, and fires double-action only. When you pull the trigger the entire action moves backwards. Any i

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default P 38 simulated pistol

This is a very life-like copy of a P 38. Even the grips appear to be bakelite. It has a clip, and fires double-action only. When you pull the trigger the entire action moves backwards. Any idea what it is worth? Does anybody collect them? Incidentaaly this "weapon" can NOT be made to fire, I am sure. There is a pin in the barrell.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture P 38 simulated pistol  

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default Re: P 38 simulated pistol

I forgot to mention: this item is supposedly made in Japan. when, I do not know - perhaps 1967, because on the left side of slide it is stamped: "mgc 67" and it has a crown with 3 balls on the top - to the left of "P 38". It even has a serial # 03340

That's a beautiful copy I do remember in the late 60's, early 70's there was a company that manufactured to detail copies of hand gun classics. I don't remember the companies name being so long ago but for a piece at that time i vaguely remember an approx. price of about $200 at the time. Colt Python's almost doubling. They were not cheap, i remember because i wanted one so bad and could not afford it.

rgds, Ty

MGC68 Model Gun Company Japan.. Made excellent copies of Mp-40, P-38, Sten, Luger etc...BILL

http://www.tokyohobby.net/company-profile
    Last edited by Bill Grist; 05-09-2009 at 02:10 PM.
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Quote by Bill Grist View Post
    MGC68 Model Gun Company Japan.. Made excellent copies of Mp-40, P-38, Sten, Luger etc...BILL
    Any idea why my gun is marked mgc 67 instead of mgc 68? Any ideas what it is worth today?

Quote by odessa1 View Post
    Any idea why my gun is marked mgc 67 instead of mgc 68? Any ideas what it is worth today?
    Maybe 67 is the year the P-38 was made, as of vallue I have no idea, but will check around for you...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Quote by Bill Grist View Post
    Maybe 67 is the year the P-38 was made, as of vallue I have no idea, but will check around for you...BILL
    Thanks Bill - I have no idea if it's worth $5 or $200.

i recall in the the late '70's early '80's a company called 'unique imports' sold replicas like this from the back of detective magazines, $39.95 seems to ring a bell for the price of a p 38 copy, a friend had the p 38 and a 1911 that were highly coveted by all of us 7th graders.