Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

A pair of wwii british revovers

Article about: Have owned these 2 British revolvers for a while now. The Webley was bought at a local gun show a couple of years ago from a young man who had inheritted it from his Grandfather, who served

Default A pair of wwii british revovers

Have owned these 2 British revolvers for a while now. The Webley was bought at a local gun show a couple of years ago from a young man who had inheritted it from his Grandfather, who served in the Canadian Army during WWII. He had no use for it, and sold it for $250. My 18 year old son thought I had over paid, but I was grinning for days. It came with holster,belt,lanyard and compass & ammo pouches, & a single over the shoulder strap,all dated 1942.

The Enfield was my Dads' gun. He bought it from a neighbor named Bill Mitchell, who served with the British during WWII. I was in the garage that evening when dad bought it for $10, back in the 1960's. Mr. Mitchell also gave him a knife he had carried with him during the War. Today we covet these firearms, but back then the War had just ended 15 years before, and salesmen were trying to sell my folks a bomb shelter for the backyard, for a new & different kind of threat.

Anyway a few photos for your veiwing.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A pair of wwii  british revovers   A pair of wwii  british revovers  

A pair of wwii  british revovers   A pair of wwii  british revovers  

A pair of wwii  british revovers   A pair of wwii  british revovers  

A pair of wwii  british revovers  

Default Re: A pair of wwii british revovers

Have owned this different MKVI for some time now,quite a bit of fun to shoot. The cylinder has been shaved to shoot 45 ACP with full moon clips. This pistol may have seen use during WWII. Know it should have a 6 inch barrel, but as of yet no one has really explained why it is only 4 inches long. Heard the Irish may have ordered these?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A pair of wwii  british revovers   A pair of wwii  british revovers  

The Webley MkVI was a private purchase pistol in the British Forces upto the 1920s. I believe as long as it was chamberd for .455" service ammo, you could buy what you wanted so I would assume that would include barrel length!

?

I wasunder the impression that the shortened barrel was used by tank crews , obviously a close quarter weapon, by the way nice Fairburn sykes commando knife and sheath

Great pieces, Paddy........!

Nice to see all the accessories too !
    Regards,

Steve.