Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Panzerfaust 100 M

Article about: This panzerfaust was finding in East Prussia, Frische Nehrung area (Now Kaliningrad`s region, Russia). I think it is good condition. Pipe without holes, surface rust. The original paint has

Default Panzerfaust 100 M

This panzerfaust was finding in East Prussia, Frische Nehrung area (Now Kaliningrad`s region, Russia).

I think it is good condition. Pipe without holes, surface rust. The original paint has not survived, but there are traces of inscriptions. The head is also well preserved despite the thin metal. TNT removed from head.

Length 108 cm.

There is a hallmark on the opposite end of the pipe : "qzn 7-44". What mean ?

I plan to restore to the ideal external condition, but do not know how ?

THANKS !
    Michael
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerfaust 100 M   Panzerfaust 100 M  

Panzerfaust 100 M   Panzerfaust 100 M  

Panzerfaust 100 M   Panzerfaust 100 M  

Panzerfaust 100 M  

Hi Michael...I know nothing about the Panzerfaust itself so I need some education on my question......

Is the charge still active or inactive ?
    I seen that you removed it from the launch pipe and after reading it...a got a bad feeling in my stomach...that it might or can explode?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hello Larry !

This panzerfaust was deactivated. TNT was deleted from head.

Greetings from Baltic region!
    Nice find. qzn 7-44 . QZN- could be manufacturer code, 7- month of the year, july (?), 44- year of production. About restoration- depends- if you want to preserve original color- then it could be cleaned with oxalic acid and later conserved.

Dear Oberschutze ! Thanks for the good advice ! The remains of the inscriptions will not disappear after treatment with oxalic acid ?

Panzerfausts contained two charges: the shaped charge in the warhead, and a propellant charge in the tube. If you can see through the tube, you’re fine, but if it’s blocked I’d be seriously concerned that the propellant charge may still be present.

As others on the forum will tell you, UXO is not to be messed with. Hopefully the tube is clear, so you can carry on enjoying this very nice Panzerfaust.

B.B.

You are welcome. They shouldn't disappear. You can try to see how it works on youtube channel: wwiituberestoration1011 i think he is also russian speaking. The worst what could happen is when the relic stays in acid for too long time, then the color tends to change, at least on the helmets, and if the acid salts are not properly neutralised after cleaning. If there are any other questions, i can try to help.

QZN was a code used on Panzerfauste but is not known as far as I know. I think I see signs that the lower screw on the underside of the tube is still there, this held the propellant charge in place, as BB said as long as you can see daylight through the tube with the warhead removed then it is ok. The markings are intact so oxalic would be OK to treat the worst of the rust but I would not repaint it with the paintwork intact.

Quote by samland View Post
    Dear Oberschutze ! Thanks for the good advice ! The remains of the inscriptions will not disappear after treatment with oxalic acid ?
    The whole cleaning process is something like this: The proportions are aproximate 100/150g oxalic acid- 1liter water (luke warm). Leave the item in the acid water solution- till it turns green/ yellow, after that take the relic out- wipe the surface with sponge and wash it with water, and then repeat the cleaning process in the same acid/ water solution for about 2 hours, till most of the rust from surface is removed. When you think that it is clean enough, wash the relic with soap water or water mixed with shampoo to neutralise the acid salts, then with clean water and afterwards you coat it with Ballistol or wax. You should be careful with oil though because it can get under layer of the paint and it will flake off. Also when working with oxalic acid - you need to have good quality rubber gloves and eyeprotection because the oxalic acid is toxic.

Yes friends, the tube is empty. All is OK !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerfaust 100 M  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast