Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzerfaust Help

Article about: I’ve been looking for a panzerfaust ever since I started collecting and this one looks decent however the title and account raise concerns. The title is very “ebay like” with lots of a

Default Panzerfaust Help

I’ve been looking for a panzerfaust ever since I started collecting and this one looks decent however the title and account raise concerns. The title is very “ebay like” with lots of added things like “SS” and “panzer” which makes me very suspicious off the bat but again maybe they want more search results. The account has lots of fakes most of which he is honest about and says they are fake. In the end I would just like some extra opinions as I’m not in a position to give an educated opinion on this but I already am very suspicious especially as the fact that is supposedly has a camouflage to it.

Cheers,
    Bodhi

Panzerfaust HelpPanzerfaust HelpPanzerfaust HelpPanzerfaust HelpPanzerfaust Help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerfaust Help   Panzerfaust Help  

Panzerfaust Help   Panzerfaust Help  

Panzerfaust Help   Panzerfaust Help  

?

I can't help you Bodhi,
    But I have always wanted to have one of these also and will be watching this thread to see what is said.
    This one looks to be in decent shape.

I hope it's a good one for ya!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Looks ok to me.

Yours has a few differences than mine but I'm sure that these were not all made by a single firm and that variations here and there exist.

Take a look at mine and compare. I have some detailed photos on page 2 of the thread but I've added some more below that did not make it into the thread

My Panzerfaust

Panzerfaust Help

Panzerfaust Help

Panzerfaust Help
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

As MAP says, there are variations as there were multiple makers ( the ribs vs cross hatch on the trigger for instance ) as well as a mix of decals and stencil markings.
    From what I can see this all looks original and not contrived - but careful if the black powder charge and/or percussion cap is still there ( and because the tail is still in the tube it may be - hope not - an unfired example? )
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

MAP
    ?

I'll add that camouflage is not rare with these. Yours and mine were camouflaged before the stencil was added.

Dan: I don't see the tail? What am I missing?

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It is just an empty tube no percussion caps from what I see or what he says. Thanks for the help hopefully I have have a chance at this one!

Quote by MAP View Post
    I'll add that camouflage is not rare with these. Yours and mine were camouflaged before the stencil was added.

Dan: I don't see the tail? What am I missing?
    The "cup" you see at the end of the tube is the tail section. currently its probably stuck in the tube and if it has the spring steel fins, that's all that holds it in other than the safety pin that goes through the front sight and the 2 tabs on the tail that sit in the tube cut-out.

This is what the warhead "goblet" goes into and locks into the tab ( side type on this and longways on yours and the one I restored )

Quote by Danmark View Post
    As MAP says, there are variations as there were multiple makers ( the ribs vs cross hatch on the trigger for instance ) as well as a mix of decals and stencil markings.
    From what I can see this all looks original and not contrived - but careful if the black powder charge and/or percussion cap is still there ( and because the tail is still in the tube it may be - hope not - an unfired example? )
    Hey Dan, still waiting on the AFP to call me back!

Quote by BodhiEtheridge View Post
    It is just an empty tube no percussion caps from what I see or what he says. Thanks for the help hopefully I have have a chance at this one!
    OK, just have to be careful with these .
    Cheers, Dan

MAP
    ?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    The "cup" you see at the end of the tube is the tail section. currently its probably stuck in the tube and if it has the spring steel fins, that's all that holds it in other than the safety pin that goes through the front sight and the 2 tabs on the tail that sit in the tube cut-out.

This is what the warhead "goblet" goes into and locks into the tab ( side type on this and longways on yours and the one I restored )
    I always thought the "cup" was integral to the tube and stayed on after firing. Always thought the fins were attached directly to the warhead. Learn something new ever day I guess

Here is an example as you explained. Need to take a closer look at mine now! I even commented in this 4 year old thread. I'm losing it.

Panzerfaust 60 m

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast