Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

please help

Article about: i got this today could someone help with the stamps etc. thankyou

?

Default please help

i got this today could someone help with the stamps etc. thankyouplease helpplease helpplease help

- - ------- - -

please help

?

please help

That is a great looking rifle! Have you shot it yet? It is a Czechoslovak Mauser, made at Brno. The lion crest was first used around 1936.

+1....
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Quote by Richard2 View Post
    That is a great looking rifle! Have you shot it yet? It is a Czechoslovak Mauser, made at Brno. The lion crest was first used around 1936.
    He won't be doing any shooting with that, its deactivated. Looks a nice rifle though.

Cheers,
    Steve

?

It went through the hands of two German traders: Orion on the barrel and F over W over W for Frankonia Waffen Würzburg on the receiver. Deactivated in the UK.

?

thanks for that yes deactivated here in the uk

?

I dont known its a deactivated anyway the rifle is postwar czechoslovak K98k rifle, made in ZB Brno as visible on siderail, as there are israeli markings it was sold prior 1950 to Israel, later reworked probably by israelis, the post using it was resaled by Orion and Waffen Frankonia Wurzburg.