Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Question about Walther PP Holster

Article about: I recently picked up a beat up Walther PP holster go with an equally beat up Walther PP and found some odd markings on it. It has the standard Waffenamt/company (WaA788 BML/44) with a faint

Default Question about Walther PP Holster

I recently picked up a beat up Walther PP holster go with an equally beat up Walther PP and found some odd markings on it. It has the standard Waffenamt/company (WaA788 BML/44) with a faint P.P. right above those marks. Under the front flap, there is a relatively deep stamp but I can't make it out (Brislg? BPISLg). At first I thought it was someone's name, but I can't make it out and its not a regular signature that you see on most holsters that were captured, but maybe I'm just looking at it wrong. Maybe its some post war addition. There's also a paper tag/shard/something right next to the bottom button clasp, imbedded in the holster itself. Any thoughts?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question about Walther PP Holster   Question about Walther PP Holster  

Question about Walther PP Holster   Question about Walther PP Holster  

?

I would say there is B.Pol. Stg. - Bundes Polizei Stutgart? as sample. It could be used postwar by Police. Firstly the real stamp should deciphered.

Thanks for the input Andy! I have next to no knowledge of post war markings on the holsters, but it could definitely be a police marking.

Cool looking holster in any event. Has the eagle/swastika stamping. Good collector piece I would think

I would sayWW2 era Bahnschutzpolizei from Stutgart, Just my opinion though.
    John

Definitely could be rescue. My only point of confusion is the waffenamt if it is a police holster, I could be wrong but I thought police forces were issued different stamped holsters? And if it's postwar, they kept the eagle present?

?

Could be too the Bahnschutz as mentioned, normally it was ordered out of WaA system but in 1944?, use postwar war equipment could be normal too, west germany didnt removed any old stamps. There is some etiket remains on the small flap inside? anything visible there?

There is some sort of tag/paper embedded in the holster on the small flap, but I can't make it out due to the condition. Maybe another police marking? Just a guess.

It is a war time holster that could have been used by the rail police. By this time there would have been many strains on the procurement system so I do not think it would be uncommon to find a military marked holster used by other sources and thus an ink stamp was applied updating the current use. I do not have examples to show as facts and it based upon the stresses of production. So it is still just an opinion on my part. My apologies for the lack of fact vs fiction.
    John

It's a good opinion john, more so than I have come up with and makes the most sense with what limited info we have. Appreciate the input.