Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Re: WWII guns, Hitler guns

Article about: Hello. I've only been on this site once while I was looking for any pictures of guns that were suppose to have belonged to Hitler. On one of the threads a guy showed a picture of a engraved

Bryan A
    ?

Default Re: WWII guns, Hitler guns

Hello. I've only been on this site once while I was looking for any pictures of guns that were suppose to have belonged to Hitler. On one of the threads a guy showed a picture of a engraved gold plated gun in the west point museum. I looked that picture up and come to find out a group called Edit International interviewed several people involved and the gun was worth $51 million to priceless, there was other items belonging to Hitler in the same collection.

Anyway I went looking again this week for any Hitler guns and there's an ad in the Amarillo globe news about an authenticated Hitler gun. There's a web site to view the gun and read the history, but I'm not sure I'm suppose to add that on here, look up the papers web site.

I was just wondering if anyone else can get me links to more of his guns and prices.

Hi Bryan, welcome to the forum!

Posting links here is fine and no problem.

Cheers, Ade.

Bryan A
    ?

The web site to see Hitlers treasure is Edit International - Feature news stories from around the world the gun is priced at $51 million to priceless, it is everything he was planning on taking with him if he fled to another country. the other website that has an authentic gun is (use your browser) Hitlers Gun > Home

That site just went up in early Feb 09, it was appraised 10 years ago at between 3 and 5 million.

Just an add note, if I not mistaken, the gun at west point was appraised 10 to 12 years ago at $10 million, so they are going way up in price.

Hi Bryan, thanks for the links. The one on the "Hitlers gun" website I must say I am very skeptical about.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Bryan, thanks for the links. The one on the "Hitlers gun" website I must say I am very skeptical about.

Cheers, Ade.
    Ade,Your are too kind.I almost peed when I saw that P.38.Man-o- man there are some con artists out there.Bryan,Dont believe these claims,unless Hitler handed It to you himself.

Quote by Von Sphinctor View Post
    Bryan,Dont believe these claims,unless Hitler handed It to you himself.

......and if he does please turn the gun on HIM and capture him. The cheek.....thinking he could hide in Von Sphinctor's attic all these years !

Steve T

Bryan A
    ?

guys what makes you skeptical, I would think that Hitler got the number #1 and high ranking guys got the lower serial numbered guns. Besides the fininsh is nickel chrome and 24k gold, it looks like the gun has been tested, I've never seen someone go through the trouble of having all the x-ray bussiness done. Beside the name of the website is the guy really claiming it's Hilters gun?

Quote by Bryan A View Post
    guys what makes you skeptical, I would think that Hitler got the number #1 and high ranking guys got the lower serial numbered guns. Besides the fininsh is nickel chrome and 24k gold, it looks like the gun has been tested, I've never seen someone go through the trouble of having all the x-ray bussiness done. Beside the name of the website is the guy really claiming it's Hilters gun?
    That gun was done by an amatuer.Standard Catalog of Military Firearms 3rd edition by Schwing pg.117
    "Despite the large number of variations that the P.38 collector will encounter,it is important for him to be aware that there are no known documented examples of P.38s that are factory engraved,nickel-plated,have barrels that are longer or shorter than standard,or built as military presentation pistols".

Bryan A
    ?

I was under the impression that there is no paperwork, since 1945 on any guns. But several people I talked with said that Hitler recieved dozens of gun, mostly engraved or nickel/chrome and 24k gold.

This gun does show lots of wear and could haved been passed to maybe Himmer or goring, since they both liked custom made guns.

As far as paper work, we bombed their factories at least 3 times, there was no paper work, and if someone had paper work, if would be a fraud.

Hi Bryan, sorry but this Hitler story is a joke. It it simply a regular production gun which has a serial number of 1. Someone has plated it and then made up a story to go with it.

If Hitler were to be given a presentation version it would have been given at the start of production, not in 1943. The quality of this gun is the usual regular production line version. Hitler would have been given one with a much finer finish.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast