Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A Real Jungle Carbine

Article about: I have owned this rifle for about 25 years or so and finally got around to photographing it. Condition is excellent and it shoots passably well.

Default A Real Jungle Carbine

I have owned this rifle for about 25 years or so and finally got around to photographing it. Condition is excellent and it shoots passably well.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A Real Jungle Carbine   A Real Jungle Carbine  

A Real Jungle Carbine   A Real Jungle Carbine  

A Real Jungle Carbine   A Real Jungle Carbine  

A Real Jungle Carbine  

Default Re: A Real Jungle Carbine

Gary, again, an interesting and rare firearm. I hate to do a bit of advertising, but did you ever see this? A man who loves weapons will appreciate it

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/battl...obably-3016-3/

Thumbs up Re: A Real Jungle Carbine

Hi John,

No I had missed that thread. Awesome story and a wonderful bit of cleaning you did! I am glad you took the time to do that!! BTW I too collect old weird ammo
    Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Gary, again, an interesting and rare firearm. I hate to do a bit of advertising, but did you ever see this? A man who loves weapons will appreciate it

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/battl...obably-3016-3/

Hi Gary, I like the way you have entitled this thread. There are so many bad carbines around or RFI versions. I always wanted one of these but never did find one. They are not that common even here.

How bad is the kick on it? Most of the Vets I have spoken too always mention it.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade,

To be perfectly honest with you if the butt pad were larger it would probably be more pleasant to shoot than a full rifle, but the pad is the exact wrong size! So yes it is not too pleasant. The muzzle blast is also quite spectacular, I have some old ammunition with no antiflash in it and it will light up quite an area!

Cheers
    Gary
    Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Gary, I like the way you have entitled this thread. There are so many bad carbines around or RFI versions. I always wanted one of these but never did find one. They are not that common even here.

How bad is the kick on it? Most of the Vets I have spoken too always mention it.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I had one a few years ago,it was so unpleasent to shoot I traded it away. My Steyr M95 carbine isn`t much better.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Quote by zwerge View Post
    I had one a few years ago,it was so unpleasent to shoot I traded it away.
    I had a nice one back in the mid-90's. Near perfect condition, all matching numbers including the magazine. However, it was the most unpleasant rifle to shoot that I have ever owned. Massive recoil with a tremendous muzzle blast!
    The first time I took it to the range, I couldn't get anyone else to try it. In fact, I never could get anyone to shoot it if they saw me shoot it first.
    I found the best way to shoot it was offhand (standing). That way your whole body could rock with the recoil. Firing it from a sitting position was not pleasant and prone was downright painful. A full-power .303 cartridge was not meant to be fired from a 6 lb. rifle with an 18" barrel.
    REAL men used this rifle in combat, that's for sure!
    With all that I have said, I still wish I still had it. But it was sold to buy something else...

Best Regards,
    Mike

Quote by zwerge View Post
    I had one a few years ago,it was so unpleasent to shoot I traded it away. My Steyr M95 carbine isn`t much better.
    I too have a M95 that I got about 2 yrs. ago.Darn thing must be on steroids. I bought a case of the 'Nazi' ammo for it. I shot two clips. This stuff will last quit a while for me.

Gary,, Great looking Jungle Carbine....A Jungle Carbine was one of the first weapons that I ever purchased as a youngster....BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Quote by Bill Grist View Post
    Gary,, Great looking Jungle Carbine....A Jungle Carbine was one of the first weapons that I ever purchased as a youngster....BILL
    Yes Gary, Great looking carbine.And they are kind of rare to get hold of, especially in such condition. From what I've read,they were 'mule kickers'. Having never fired one, I would still tend to agree with that assessment. Sorry to have gotten off track with your thread. Ron