Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remington Manufactured 'LEBEL' Bayonet

Article about: Per Jerry Janzen, in 1916 the French government ordered 200,000 1907/15 Mannlicher-Berthier rifles with bayonets from Remington. Only 100,000 of the rifles were delivered and the remainding

?

Brad is right, completely without markings or proofs of any kind. The grip contour is slightly different, but it is so slight, I don't think you can see it with the naked eye, unless you had the French made version right next to it. I will take a picture of mine next to a French made later to day and post it.

Jim

?

Here is mine in near mint unissued condition. Any wear and tear on these bayonets is from storage and handling as they never saw service. As Bill stated, the grips are slightly different with the Remington being a little "meatier" through the middle and slightly narrower at the cross guard. I have taken pictures of a French made shortened 1886 for comparison of the handles and the inspector proofs and serial numbers on French accepted models.

Hope this helps,
    Jim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Remington Manufactured 'LEBEL' Bayonet   Remington Manufactured 'LEBEL' Bayonet  

Remington Manufactured 'LEBEL' Bayonet   Remington Manufactured 'LEBEL' Bayonet  

Remington Manufactured 'LEBEL' Bayonet   Remington Manufactured 'LEBEL' Bayonet  

Remington Manufactured 'LEBEL' Bayonet  

You can see a difference. Remington has a bigger "belly" where transition starts and no "flare" on bottom where it meets the crossguard. Pictures worth a thousand words. Thanks for posting!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3