Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Saginaw S'G' I just picked up

Article about: I just picked this up at a pawn shop for 1k U.S. I hope it's a good deal since reproduction go for same price. I'm curious what's the thoughts on it to how original it came from factory. Alw

FNG
    ?

Default Saginaw S'G' I just picked up

I just picked this up at a pawn shop for 1k U.S. I hope it's a good deal since reproduction go for same price. I'm curious what's the thoughts on it to how original it came from factory. Always wanted a m1 carbine so here I go, I hope I did alright..I did best pictures I could . Any thoughts would be great thank you

The stock is a little varnished and it does have like a little split towards the buttstock which is not that bad fixable but other than that I don't see anything else wrong with this
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Saginaw S'G' I just picked up   Saginaw S'G' I just picked up  

Saginaw S'G' I just picked up   Saginaw S'G' I just picked up  

Saginaw S'G' I just picked up  

?

I recommend taking it apart and going through it with the m1 carbine war time production book. From the photos I see a lot of IP and S G prime parts which would be correct however you would really need to go through this one to make sure it's correct. It's very common to find put together s g prime.

The s g manufacturer is sought after. I would like one some day if I find it to go with my 1942 all original inland.

Thanks Tim.

You picked up a very nice carbine. I saw the additional pics on Gunboards. That is about as closet to original as you will likely find. I have looked at 1,000's of carbines over the years and would be happy to own that one. I only have 9 of the 12 makers. 2 of the 12 makers are not realistic for me to own. It was a steal at 1,000 US. The stock does not look varnished to my eyes. Maybe a bit of oil coming out. Light cleaning and all will be good.
    John

FNG
    ?

I posted it here first and I keep forgetting about The other forum that's why I posted it there. Little bit more concentrated for the gun enthusiast. Thank you for responding I've looked more into it and I believe it's as original as it comes to these. The best thing about it I sold the shop a gun that I had no money into it which got me into this one so basically I only paid $100 out of my pocket for taxes. That's pretty impressive you got the amount of carbines you have I wouldn't mind having a few more but even the arsenal to refinished ones are what I paid for this. I definitely missed The bandwagon but you never know I always come across cool stuff

FNG
    ?

Yeah I cleaned it up with some good oil on the stock and it came out pretty good. There was getting these little mold looking spots when I took the barrel out cleaned it all up it looks really good now. There is just a small small little crack around the buttstock but it's not deep at all but there's nothing I could do about it nor will I repair it.

?

Nice, very nice find congrats

Very nice! As John said you got it at a steal. Ive been casually looking for one just like this for a decent price and have had no luck so congrats!

Nice indeed. I know these carbines are very sought after lately. Checked to see how many were produced by Saginaw but conflicting numbers so not sure. Nice to find such an example. Thanks for sharing.

?

S' G' were made in grand rapids after steering gear took over the IP contract. Definitely one of the smaller producers. All original S' G' are very hard to come by. My home always has room for one. So if one needs a home let me know. One of the best finds I've seen on here. Congrats.

And thanks for showing us.

Tim

FNG
    ?

Thank you for the reply . People on gun forum been really nice a kutnsharkng information. They said I got a good deal and it's almost the holy grail of m1 carbines. I took it apart and all parts are factory. I think the price of these are only going to go up, like all of the surplus stuff.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast