Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Scarce Ruger 10/22 magnum carbine,who knew?

Article about: Ruger only made these a few years and stopped production.I bought this new from Ruger when they came out for 280.00.I saw one in this cond. sold for 1400.00 at a gunshow wow,when they quit m

Default Scarce Ruger 10/22 magnum carbine,who knew?

Ruger only made these a few years and stopped production.I bought this new from Ruger when they came out for 280.00.I saw one in this cond. sold for 1400.00 at a gunshow wow,when they quit making something and are unavailable price goes up!Never fired this one but probably should try it out.These have a heavier receiver with milled scope attachments like the mini 14.Came with scope rings.Who knew back then what these would be worth,wish I had ordered 10.Anyway at least I got one! Dont get me wrong I sure wouldnt pay 1400.00 for one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Scarce Ruger 10/22 magnum carbine,who knew?   Scarce Ruger 10/22 magnum carbine,who knew?  

Scarce Ruger 10/22 magnum carbine,who knew?   Scarce Ruger 10/22 magnum carbine,who knew?  

Scarce Ruger 10/22 magnum carbine,who knew?   Scarce Ruger 10/22 magnum carbine,who knew?  

Scarce Ruger 10/22 magnum carbine,who knew?  

?

.22 lr ??
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

No its a 22 Winchester magnum caliber,thats what makes it scarce,not many were produced,compaired to the 22 LR version.

?

Yes they do seem a bit longer than .22 LR and I was wondering if the ammunition is still available.. ? Thanks G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Yes you can buy it about anywhere,Walmart has it,fairly powerful small caliber round.1910fps,will do some damage on varmints.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Scarce Ruger 10/22 magnum carbine,who knew?  

MAP
    ?

Will it shoot 22LR?

Very nice gun. Always liked them. Typical Ruger. Rock solid.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks Map!No it wont shoot 22LR but the 22 mag ammo is not expensive,10.00 a box of 50 at Walmart but have bought it for 8.00,depends on what brand and what you are using it for.The CCI fmj I found for 7.99.Besides the heavier receiver these have a heavier barrel,these carbines weigh quite a bit more than a standard 10/22LR.Ruger was the first for these ,I dont know of any semi auto 22 mag carbines or pistols being made today ,AMT made a semi auto 22 mag pistol several years ago and they got it right,this one shoots great,but they too are out of production.And so goes the 22mag semi autos.Maybe the market wasnt there and too expensive to make,dont know but they do seem to be collectable today,and wont get any cheaper.IMO
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Scarce Ruger 10/22 magnum carbine,who knew?   Scarce Ruger 10/22 magnum carbine,who knew?  

Last edited by Toecutter; 01-18-2018 at 04:49 AM.

I have a Henry Golden Boy in .22 Mag. Nice little rifle. Not too many auto loading magnums out there is right. Nice score!

MAP
    ?

Quote by carpediem View Post
    I have a Henry Golden Boy in .22 Mag. Nice little rifle. Not too many auto loading magnums out there is right. Nice score!
    made in Brooklyn? Before they moved? They go for a premium I've been told.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    made in Brooklyn? Before they moved? They go for a premium I've been told.
    I never knew that there was a difference in value for those. I wonder if they have a serial number guide. I have the original box too, so I will look on there. When did they move?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast