Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SCORED Mother LOAD of weapons just came across! Swedish m38 mauser info..?

Article about: Well the surplus gun gods were smiling on me today. My buddy called me and said he came across of old weapons a lady's late husband owned ( my friend knows her well) and since i like older g

?

Default SCORED Mother LOAD of weapons just came across! Swedish m38 mauser info..?

Well the surplus gun gods were smiling on me today. My buddy called me and said he came across of old weapons a lady's late husband owned ( my friend knows her well) and since i like older guns and I drove 250 miles to this lady's house and This all i got for 750 dollars and that's what she wanted. I told her this little carbine m1 here is worth that and she didn't care and wanted it all sent to a good home. After that i left with no quilty conscious.( but still did)

I never had a Swedish mauser before and was trying to really figure out value and are these collectable? I looked on gun broker and there are bot many there. I did figure out This ia a m38 marked 1942 since itnhas bent bolt. Looks all matching too besides the bent bolt handle. Blueing worn in some areas and came with bayonet. I took quick pictures for someone but i can always take better ones for you guys. Probally can figure it out by these ones. I Love the data plates on the stock. Any help I would appreciate it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SCORED Mother LOAD of weapons just came across! Swedish m38 mauser info..?   SCORED Mother LOAD of weapons just came across! Swedish m38 mauser info..?  

SCORED Mother LOAD of weapons just came across! Swedish m38 mauser info..?   SCORED Mother LOAD of weapons just came across! Swedish m38 mauser info..?  

SCORED Mother LOAD of weapons just came across! Swedish m38 mauser info..?   SCORED Mother LOAD of weapons just came across! Swedish m38 mauser info..?  

Last edited by FUBARR; 03-14-2018 at 05:26 PM.

?

Also im thinking this m1 carbine is a 1943 manufactured? Can anyone tell by this serial number?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SCORED Mother LOAD of weapons just came across! Swedish m38 mauser info..?  

MAP
    ?

Looks like it. See this link below but these are only estimates. What is the date on the barrel?

USCARBINECAL30M1.com

The U.S. Caliber .30 Carbines - Serial Numbers
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The m/38 is a very well made weapon with the hardest receiver of any Mauser type rifle-they all shoot very well (dependant on overall condition of course). The side plate on the butt is for adjusting the aim point depending on whether you're using the older 'round nose' 6.5 mm ammo or the newer 'pointy' Torped type-it was cheaper and easier than modifying the sights when both sorts of ammunition were still issue in Sweden. The brass stock disc records the condition of the bore when last inspected by Swedish govt armourers. My example below.

PS- Titanic deal you have there!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SCORED Mother LOAD of weapons just came across! Swedish m38 mauser info..?   SCORED Mother LOAD of weapons just came across! Swedish m38 mauser info..?  

?

I couldn't find a date on it. Someone said by the serial number?

MAP
    ?

Quote by FUBARR View Post
    I couldn't find a date on it. Someone said by the serial number?
    The date on the M1 barrel will be on the top. Close to the front sight. Will give the month/year and barrel manufacturer
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I totally agree with litghow: the Swedish Mausers are not only the Rolls Royce among the Mausers, but also the more accurate, thanks to a perfect ammunition. In the matches reserved to the former military rifles, the winner is an M38 at least 7/10

?

Oh your right map...I see it. 3/1944 marked.

- - ------- - -

Swedish mauser are nice. Any value on the one I posted?

Looks like a great score. Thanks for sharing and congratulations.

Im Jealous and sick

Congrats on a very lucky and reasonably priced find.

Regards Larry

Is the SKS Russian or Chinese made Norinco?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast