Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Shooter grade P38

Article about: I was in a LGS about 6 weeks ago and noticed this all matching plated P38. I called them today to see if it was still available and made an offer (\\$595 out the door). It appears to be a WWII

Default Shooter grade P38

I was in a LGS about 6 weeks ago and noticed this all matching plated P38. I called them today to see if it was still available and made an offer ($595 out the door). It appears to be a WWII bring back that a GI had plated. No import marks could be found but they may have been buffed off. Its going to be a shooter of course as I already have some that are collectable and I don't shoot. Shooter grade P38Shooter grade P38Shooter grade P38

Hard to tell from photos...nickel plated? Always wanted one... I just haven’t found the right one. They can be very pricey... numbers all over the board.

Not too bad a price today even plated for a shooter grade. Yep prices are crazy for sure on the high end stuff.

Thanks guys! I believe its nickle plated. For sure I think it was a decent price.

Are all the parts matching? If not, it is not likely a bring back item. If they are the story is plausible. Let us know how it shoots.
    John

John its all matching. I'll let you know how it shoots tomorrow.

Range report: The P38 shot great. Absolutely no issues. I used S&B, Rem UMC & Blazer Brass 9mm and had zero issues. I really enjoyed shooting it!

All matching? Too bad it was plated but then again you would have paid a bundle more!

Yes all matching. I just wanted a shooter as I already have 2 collector grade ones.

I had an all matching BYF 43 P-38 RUSSIAN capture that was in excellent condition , but the slide broke all the way through near the locking lug after using it for a shooter for a few years , I recorded how many rounds fired and after 2,000 rds the slide broke using standard factory Winchester 115 gr range ammo from Walmart.

people told me WW2 P-38'S have a reputation for cracked slides , the design / metallurgy of wartime pistols is not as durable as modern steels used today.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast