Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Show off your ‘Guilty Pleasure’ gun

Article about: I thought I’d throw this in just for fun. A few years back I was looking for a new shotgun, as I’d been unsatisfied with the Benelli I had at the time. It was too long and offered very l

PRE
    ?

Default Show off your ‘Guilty Pleasure’ gun

I thought I’d throw this in just for fun. A few years back I was looking for a new shotgun, as I’d been unsatisfied with the Benelli I had at the time. It was too long and offered very limited options for light mounts and red dot sight points of attachment. I’d heard of the Kel-Tec KSG-12, but was hesitant to look further due to being underwhelmed at their other firearms offerings. After some research and favorable reviews, I found a fellow member on another forum who was selling his lightly used, Gen. 3 KSG for the can’t say no price of $400.

I was immediately hooked on this odd looking, unconventional shotgun design, being a high capacity, twin tube bullpup. It is a simple and effective pump action, with the ability to switch tubes (and types of 12 ga. cartridge) at the flick of a lever. In short, the operator can switch back and forth between buck and slug, buck and less lethal, et al.

It is my go-to shotgun, but I am a rifle guy at heart. I added the sling, the micro red dot on the included top rail, the vertical fore grip and the light. Because the light is mounted to the sliding forearm, you never lose control of actuating the light in either momentary or constant on modes, unlike other pump action shotguns.

So,...let’s see your guilty pleasures!
    Pat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show off your ‘Guilty Pleasure’ gun   Show off your ‘Guilty Pleasure’ gun  

Show off your ‘Guilty Pleasure’ gun   Show off your ‘Guilty Pleasure’ gun  

Mine would be my German G3. I tend to stick to WW2 era weaponry only, but something about the design of this rifle made me fall in love with it.