MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Sig Sauer Swiss Army

Article about: Wanted to share a few Pictures from my new Sig Sauer 220 / Pistol 75 from the Swiss Armed Forces. I believe this one was not issued and sold by the army to a arms shop. The pistol was introd

?

Default Sig Sauer Swiss Army

Wanted to share a few Pictures from my new Sig Sauer 220 / Pistol 75 from the Swiss Armed Forces. I believe this one was not issued and sold by the army to a arms shop. The pistol was introduced in the 70ies and is still in use. However nowadays some units have are equipped with a more modern pistol.Sig Sauer Swiss ArmySig Sauer Swiss ArmySig Sauer Swiss ArmySig Sauer Swiss ArmySig Sauer Swiss Army

Nice gun. Are they still putting the magazine release on the bottom of the grip? I know it's very "secure" from accidental mag release with it down there but doing a mag swap then requires two hands to release and remove an empty mag, more steps under pressure, much slower and difficult... just a European thing I guess

MAP
    ?

Very nice. Is this single action/double or double only?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

That is sweet.
    And you have all the goodies to go with it.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Quote by Long Shot View Post
    Nice gun. Are they still putting the magazine release on the bottom of the grip? I know it's very "secure" from accidental mag release with it down there but doing a mag swap then requires two hands to release and remove an empty mag, more steps under pressure, much slower and difficult... just a European thing I guess
    you are right, the magazine release is on the bottom

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Very nice. Is this single action/double or double only?
    it is both DA and SA DA. the gun is fitted with a decocker for lowering the hammer while a round is already in the chamber. it is possible to carry the weapon with a round in the chamber. once the round is in the chaber an the hammer decocked you either use only the trigger to fire or you cock the hammer manually before pulling the trigger.

MAP
    ?

Quote by etalem View Post
    it is both DA and SA DA. the gun is fitted with a decocker for lowering the hammer while a round is already in the chamber. it is possible to carry the weapon with a round in the chamber. once the round is in the chaber an the hammer decocked you either use only the trigger to fire or you cock the hammer manually before pulling the trigger.
    Just the way I like it. Can't stand DAO. So for me it is either this or SA

(Never liked Striker examples....I like to SEE the hammer
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)