Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Small Arms of the Great War

Article about: I have added to the collection since my last post, I have picked up this Gewehr 98, it is a 1918 dated one and I believe it to be a Turkish contract rifle (correct me if i'm wrong). it is a

I have added to the collection since my last post,

I have picked up this Gewehr 98, it is a 1918 dated one and I believe it to be a Turkish contract rifle (correct me if i'm wrong). it is a mismatched version but I have yet to see one with full matching numbers.
    it came with 3 original bayonets 2 of which have their original scabbards and 1 has what I believe to be its original frog.
    here are some pics,
    Small Arms of the Great WarSmall Arms of the Great WarSmall Arms of the Great WarSmall Arms of the Great WarSmall Arms of the Great WarSmall Arms of the Great WarSmall Arms of the Great WarSmall Arms of the Great War

If anyone could give me a rough idea of what they think this lot is worth, as I think I got quite a good price ,it would be great

Cheers
    Liam

Hi Liam,

Its difficult to tell from the pictures the condition of the rifle and the bayonets. But if the metalwork on the rifle is good, then it is probably worth around £750. The earlier dated ones tend to fetch a bit more because they have a greater probability of being used in action. The bayonets - if in average condition, are going to be around £250.

well I paid around that sort of money for them so I'm quite happy. I imagine the price of them will go up sharply over the next few years though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2