Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Some photos of my WW2 collection

Article about: This is my first post and a hardy hello to all. Here are some photos of some of my WW2 guns and other items. I will be post more of the field gear I have and other items. I have numerous Jap

Default Re: Some photos of my WW2 collection

Yes,welcome! Do any of the Arisak's still have the Mums? Fantastic stuf!!!!

Quote by packin9 View Post
    Yes,welcome! Do any of the Arisak's still have the Mums? Fantastic stuf!!!!
    Thanks so much..Yes, three out of four do on my Type 99s but sadly the two paratrooper rifles do not. I also have a type 38 carbine with a mum.

I really got into collecting during college because i did two internships at the US Army War College Military Institute. You cannot believe the stuff they have buried away in there. So much old german files and siganl magazines, photos and so much more. Tons and Tons of translated german unit after action reports. Anyway, i will be posteing more soon as i just got some US WW2 and Japanese field gear.

Quote by Kilroy Was Here View Post
    Hello welcome! Very nice collection of Japanese rifles. Do either of the paratrooper take downs match? Just curious, you do not see many matching. If they do, you have real treasures. look forward to more pics. Regards, Steve

THanks...Yes, they both match but do not have mums..i'll get more pics up soon and start a new thread with them..

Quote by ALLERBERGER View Post
    hi AK , and welcome nice to see some of your collection , it`s very impressive . Are these rifles etc. in activated condition ?

cheers Al
    THanks...yep.. they all work although, i do not shoot them much. I just make sure they work and are safe so i only put a few rounds through them. Plus, ammo is getting very getting expensive...

Look forward to the pics. Again...nice....

Quote by ak474me View Post
    THanks...Yes, they both match but do not have mums..i'll get more pics up soon and start a new thread with them..
    Wow, very nice even without the mum. I meant to say, do all the numbers match, the 2 #s that are stamped on the take down assy, and also the other components. if I remember right, they were 2 different sets of numbers.

I have 2 completely matching, full mum Arisaka's I will post soon. One very late, and one a little earlier. I like late war Japanese quite a bit.
    Regards, Steve

Quote by Kilroy Was Here View Post
    Wow, very nice even without the mum. I meant to say, do all the numbers match, the 2 #s that are stamped on the take down assy, and also the other components. if I remember right, they were 2 different sets of numbers.

I have 2 completely matching, full mum Arisaka's I will post soon. One very late, and one a little earlier. I like late war Japanese quite a bit.
    Regards, Steve
    I wish i could find one with a mum and yes the take down assemebly numbers match or whatever they are called match as well. It seems the Japanese stamped a lot a numbers. Also one of the type 99s i have has the box that the GI shipped it home in with the shipping tag still on it. It has a bayonet with it and hard canvas frog. The gun has a full mum and is packed in cosmoline although i wiped a little of it off.

The other type 99 which is pictured on this thread has a strange Japanese kanji lettering on it. I did have it sort of translated and it may be a Japenese soldiers name. But i did not htink they would defile because they believed the gun was property of the emperor.

I am trying to find a nice type 44 with a mum and a type 38 rifle, but alas the 44 are hard to find.

Here are a couple shots of some ww2 pistols i own. I wll add some shots of my rifles later on. There are two type 14 nambus made in 35 and 44 and i type 94 made in 1936. The others are a 1911 colt made by Union Switch and Steel and a nazi marked cz 27, Fn 199 with some pin up art grips and aNazi marked polish p-35 Radom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some photos of  my WW2 collection   Some photos of  my WW2 collection  

Nice, what serial range is your US&S?

Here is a pic of mine, it is one of my favorites. The T94 Nambu is the one in derby's book, and a couple others for your viewing pleasure!

BTW, Welcome! Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some photos of  my WW2 collection   Some photos of  my WW2 collection  

Some photos of  my WW2 collection   Some photos of  my WW2 collection  

Some photos of  my WW2 collection  

oooop's put a pic of my Remington Rand by mistake.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Some photos of  my WW2 collection  

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast