MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Soviet Infantry weapons collection

Article about: Hi Guys, I though that you might be interested to see some of my WW2 Soviet Infantry weapons? It is my ambition to try and obtain one of each weapon This is a long term project As I live in

Default Soviet Infantry weapons collection

Hi Guys, I though that you might be interested to see some of my WW2 Soviet Infantry weapons?

It is my ambition to try and obtain one of each weapon This is a long term project

As I live in the UK, these weapons are deactivated. We cannot own live pistols, semi automative rifles, machine guns or smg's. But we can own live bolt action rifles with a Firearms Licence from the Police.

I will start with the Maxim M1910 machine gun. (Пулемёт Максима на станке Соколова, Pulemyot Maxima na stanke Sokolova or "Maxim's machine gun model 1910 on Sokolov's mount")

This example was made in 1944 by the Tula Arsenal. I have a selection of ammo tins including the plain Tsarist pattern can plus cloth and later metal feed belts. I also have the gunners kit with cleaning tools, canvas action cover, etc.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet Infantry weapons collection   Soviet Infantry weapons collection  

Soviet Infantry weapons collection   Soviet Infantry weapons collection  

?

Default Re: Soviet Infantry weapons collection

Nice idea, I love to see the weapons for re-enactment.
    Looks like this one is from Ukrainian stock batch, they came to UK in big quantity, is it?

The cloth belt is hard to find here. I have since added the rounds to the belt

Thanks Dimas. I use many of these weapons for our living history displays.

But if we do a battle re-enactment we can hire live, but blank firing weapons, from specially licenced weapons dealers.

Most of the former Soviet weapons in the UK come from refurbished war reserve stocks. We had a lot on the market but now they are drying up as they dissappear into collections.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet Infantry weapons collection  

?

Our re-enactors weapons almost from finnish army which was keept on the stocks.

Next we have the DP28 Light Machine Gun. (Pulemyot Degtyaryova Pekhotny) (Degtyaryov's infantry machine gun)

Mine was made in 1943. Our club owns a 1936 dated eample. The machining to the reciever is much better quality on the pre war gun, whereas mine shows lots of milling cut marks.

Once again I have a selction of spare mags, ammo tins and canvas ammo bags, sling, etc.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet Infantry weapons collection   Soviet Infantry weapons collection  

The PTRS 14.5mm Anti Tank rifle. (ПТРС - ПротивоТанковое Ружье Симонова- Simonov anti-tank rifle)

This was a semi auto rfile firing the same round as the bolt action PTRD A/T rifle.

It was fed by a 5 round charger clip. The magazine was dropped down, then the charger clip was inserted from underneath and the magazine then moved back up into place.

The rifle was used by a two man team. Although it is heavy, the gun can be used by one man. The carrying handle can be moved from the middle of the gun to the end of the barrel, depending on if it is being carried by one or two men. The barrel also has a quick release pin to remove it from the reciever.

If any of you are familiar with the SKS45 semi auto rifle, you will see the designer simply scaled down this gun to make the later carbine. Look at the bolt and bolt carrier.

More pics.

Again, I have cleaning kit and lots of spare clips. I would like an original ammo bag as I only have a replica.

SVT40 semi automatic rfile. Самозарядная винтовка Токарева, образец 1940 года

I have always been fond of this design. The intention was to re-equipe the RKKA with this rifle in place of the Mosin Nagant M91/30, but the outbreak of war prevented this. One third of each Divison would have been armed with these semi auto's. Many units that were armed with this rifle were destroyed in the battles of 1941. Sadly this rifle got a bad reputation, which was perhaps ill deserved? This may have been down to poor training of the troops, who did not clean the gas system correctly? Later the rifle was only issued to NCO's. It also saw service with the Naval landing units.

The rifle took a conventional knife bayonet which came in two different patterns of scabbard. Ilustrated here is the earlier pattern with ball shaped chape.

?

My favorites AVS-36 and the SVT 40, I handle the same one 41 dated, unfortunately this one is refurbished Ukrainian stock. But the bayonet I have with the story, it's found hidden in the old Estonians barn attic, probably 41 or 44 year.

My Mosin Nagants:

M1938 Carbine and two M91/30's. (винтовка образца 1891/30-го года, винтовка Мосина) Round and hexhagonal recievers

Some close up pics of the M1938 Carbine. Serial number “NP9068“. Dated 1942. Made by Izhvesk Arsenal.

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast