Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

In Space no one can hear you scream

Article about: So there you are the year 2122 and your on a space ship heading to rescue a bunch of colonists on LV 426 a planet thats in big trouble .The film is ALIENS writen and directed by James camero

Default In Space no one can hear you scream

So your in space in the future a bunch of badass marines sent to LV 426 to clear out some bugs The film is ALIENS by james cameron and staring sigourney weaver.so the weapons they cary are The Pulse Rifle the awesome Smart gun and personal flame throwers all feature throughout the film the year is 2122 ad, next time you watch it look carefully at the weapons .
    The Pulse Rifle
    a compact machine gun with under barrel 40mm grenade launcher wrapped in a clam shell case
    the rifle is made from a Thompson M1A1 sub machine gun a remington 870 shotgun and parts from a Franchi Spas 12 automatic shotgun from italy see pics

Next we have the awesome Smart gun a heavy machine gun on a body mounted self leveling platform
    look closely and you will see one ww2 MG42 machine gun a 80s era steady cam rig and parts from a Kawasaki AR 125 and also from a Kawasaki GPZ750 motorcyle the frames at the front of the gun are the pasanger footpeg hangers from the AR 125 the switchgear is from the GPZ 750
    In Space no one can hear you screamIn Space no one can hear you scream In Space no one can hear you scream

next we have the sentry guns these were full autonimus machine guns that can track and kill any moving object the perfect sentry
    look closer and you will see MG 42's built into a nice mount attatched to a Gridcase 3 military computer
    In Space no one can hear you screamIn Space no one can hear you scream

next we have the personal flame unit looks great in the movie made from a couple of M16's and a small gas bottle supplied by a local dive club In Space no one can hear you scream

Thats from just one film next time you watch a sci fi movie take a close look at the weapons you could be in for a suprise if you want more try googleing star wars weapons so far i have found
    Mauser C96
    Sterling sub machine gun
    MG34 Lots !
    MG15
    ww1 Lewis gun
    Sturmgewehr 44 rifle (STG44)
    Lee enfield no 1 MK111 bolt action
    Swiss Rexim-Favor MK 5 sub macine gun Rare
    Mauser KAR 98K
    M16 A280
    SIG44
    All the best Rob
    Last edited by robin59; 08-03-2017 at 05:37 AM.

MAP
    ?

I remember seeing the first star wars as a kid (I think I was 12) and saying ..."hey...that's a broomhandle"

But you are 100% correct and I enjoy watching Sci Fi or action flicks and picking out the pimped up weapons.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi MAP sorry this was a long post had it all finished and when i posted it i ate its self it was picture intensive so maybe thats the problem i will try to re do it maybe try 2 or 3 smaller ones to fit it all in sorry about that
    Rob

Great to see the stuff from Aliens, i've enjoyed all of the alien series apart from Alien 3 which was a little bit crappy. Going to upset a lot of folks now as i've aiways regarded Star wars as kiddie sci fi!...

Are you a movie prop maker or modeller rob? Your models are amazing and it seems natural that you could build props and models for film.

Hi Mate I have always loved sci fi movies and the Alien franchise is my apsolute favorite the first time I ever saw a pulse rifle I thaught I gotta have one of those .so i spent a long time researching the gun /guns it was made from there were a few replica weapons out there but they were fan made and just werent good enough for me so you guessed it i made one of my own but took the hard road and built it from scratch out of steel .thats why i know so much about the the aliens weapons for the film I think they made two or three Hero weapons that were made from real guns and fired ! they were used for the close up shots most of the guns you see are made from rubber and painted to look the part the pulse rifle in the posted pic is one of the hero guns as is the smart gun and sentry they fired for real ! I also loved the APC /tank they drove about in. The original vehicle was a 4 wheel drive 4 wheel steer HUNSLET air towing tractor used to pull heavy passenger planes about on airport runways the one in the film was supplied by british airways based at heathrow airport uk when they built it up to be the apc they found it was to low for the actors to stand up in so all the inside shots shown in the film were taken on a seperate stage .If you watch the film closely when they get out of the vehicle and stand next to it the actors are nearly as tall as it .All the best Rob
    In Space no one can hear you screamIn Space no one can hear you screamIn Space no one can hear you screamIn Space no one can hear you screamIn Space no one can hear you scream

Hi Carpediem Im not a prop maker for films although its a job I would have loved . Im Sorry mate do you have a name i can use rather than carpediem as we seem to be talking alot . Im just a messed up old fart that can stick bits together LOL, this is me at tankfest with the metal undercarige

Quote by robin59 View Post
    Hi Mate I have always loved sci fi movies and the Alien franchise is my apsolute favorite the first time I ever saw a pulse rifle I thaught I gotta have one of those .so i spent a long time researching the gun /guns it was made from there were a few replica weapons out there but they were fan made and just werent good enough for me so you guessed it i made one of my own but took the hard road and built it from scratch out of steel .
    And do you claim that this is the pulse rifle seen in the first photograph of post #1?

HPL2008 May I suggest you go back and take the time to read my posts properly I do not claim the rifle as mine I state its one of the hero guns from the film and yes i would love to own it but they are either in museums or in private collections. Rob

Quote by robin59 View Post
    HPL2008 May I suggest you go back and take the time read my posts properly I do not claim the rifle as mine I state its one of the hero guns from the film and yes i would love to own it but they are either in museums or in private collections. Rob
    I read them properly, Rob, and I realize that it was carpediem who implied that you made the items in post 1, not you.

However, it would have been appropriate to point out this misunderstanding rather than leaving it uncommented.

Just saying.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast