Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Spare parts from the German machine gun MG 34, Third Reich

Article about: Hello Colleagues, I wanted to show this subject to knowledgeable people. Looks like new. This item was found on a person from Ukraine. Drummer with spring for MG34 machine gun. Brand: SuWw,

?

Default Spare parts from the German machine gun MG 34, Third Reich

Hello Colleagues,
    I wanted to show this subject to knowledgeable people. Looks like new. This item was found on a person from Ukraine.

Drummer with spring for MG34 machine gun. Brand: SuWw, Su4 - Spandau Waffen werkstatt (Armory workshop in Spandau), Su4 - Spandau 4

Your opinion? What can you suggest about the brand and the year of issue? Thanks in advance for your help.

Spare parts from the German machine gun MG 34, Third ReichSpare parts from the German machine gun MG 34, Third ReichSpare parts from the German machine gun MG 34, Third ReichSpare parts from the German machine gun MG 34, Third ReichSpare parts from the German machine gun MG 34, Third ReichSpare parts from the German machine gun MG 34, Third ReichSpare parts from the German machine gun MG 34, Third Reich

MAP
    ?

A bit of an obscure item, so be patient. Hopefully someone who know will be around to help.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

PRE
    ?

Hello Retro,
    I looks like a firing pin and firing pin spring. Spandau-stamped components are found on numerous types of small arms, including some captured foreign weapons. Those stamps indicate that the components were inspected/approved at Spandau and made available for the entire depot system, including mobile armorer teams (Waffenwerkstatt Zug) that were organic to larger units at the Divisional level. In the case of rifles like the K98k, the depot that provided repairs would be indicated by a depot stamp in the underside of the stock, usually indicated by the letters 'HZa,' or 'HNZa,' followed by a one or two digit number.

Best,
    Pat
    Last edited by PRE; 03-31-2021 at 07:13 PM.

?

Thanks to Pat for taking notice of this post. Thank you for the information. I will investigate further. Very interesting).

I was told that this is a spare part from the German MG 34 machine gun. I think that's the way it is.

It is indeed a firing pin for the Mg34.