Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS G98 - Opinions please

Article about: Looking at this - I'd appreciate opions please.

Default SS G98 - Opinions please

Looking at this - I'd appreciate opions please.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS G98 - Opinions please  

Default Re: SS G98 - Opinions please

I have to say that I have serious doubts about this rifle, is it for sale? It's very unusual to see two sets of marks together and often they were obscured below the wood out of sight.These guns need a lot of research, because of their high values,Pete.

?

The problem with this rifle is it's post war refinish , reproofing and addition of goofy non original scope mounts. It appears the barreled action was a gew98 refurb to 98k...everything else ...yuk !.

Yes, its for sale by a dealer in the UK. It certainly looks like a runner up in the 'gun with most stamps on it competition". And I agree its a shame to have spoiled what might have been an interesting gun by putting repro mounts on it.

I see that it's D&B selling it, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole, all their sniper rifles are made up.I've seen a couple of their Waffenampt Bren guns.This is starting to get out of control and once the article has changed hands a couple of times, it gains an air of authenticity, luckily we have a site like this! Pete.

Agreed. Its a pity a few more buyers don't post before buying. Waffenampt bren guns - thats new one on me!

Bigsie