Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sten Gun

Article about: Hi everyone, recently bought this deactivated British Sten Mark 2 made by Elkington and Co. Birmingham. Any comments welcome. Doug

Default Sten Gun

Hi everyone, recently bought this deactivated British Sten Mark 2 made by Elkington and Co. Birmingham. Any comments welcome. Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Sten Gun  

Fun guns with a great history. I have two, a MKII and MKV. Enjoy shooting both.

Do you have a copy of Peter Laidler's The Sten Machine Carbine from Collector Grade Publications?

Thanks for your comment, no i dont have it, but I am aware of the book and I'm sure I will get one.

Very Cool, Doug!! And your photography is always a pleasure to behold as well....Could you tell us how they deactivate them in your part of the world?
    cheers, Glenn

?

A very nice example.. I feel quite sorry that it has been De-activated.. Some laws in the U.K. should be abolished... IMO G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Hi Glenn, they have to be very thoroughly deactivated. The most recent deactivations are all welded up with no moving parts. This one has a moving trigger and the rear part of the bolt and cocking handle moves. The bolt is cut in half and the front half welded in. Also the barrel is blocked and the chamber has a hole cut in it. Of course, a deactivated one is the only way to own a Sten in Britain so we have to make do.

Thanks for the info...thorough indeed...I've had this Receiver Tube laying around for 5 years already, a project that never quite got off the ground, lol...Beautiful display, well done friend...
    cheers, Glenn

Stens do have a rugged charm of their own. Very nice.

I have a MKII and a MKV. Luckily these were bought many years ago and are old spec and fully strip. Plus they were cheaper to buy too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

That looks awesome Doug and adds nicely to your display. I have to second what Glenn had mentioned. Your photography skills are outstanding.
    I bought a MK II parts kit years ago and just have never done anything with it. I have often thought of buying one of the registered tubes and bring it back to life.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

I feel sorry for all of you that live in a country with "Stupid" gun laws like that. I could/would NOT do so!
    I fortunate not only to live in the USA, But to also live in a Very gun friendly state - Colorado.
    I have 3 Mk II Stens and a Mk I Bren Gun - ALL are shooters. Unfortunately the Stens are new tube guns rather than originals, but the originals were way to expensive for me when I bought what I have 20+ years ago.
    Sarge

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast