Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Steyr Hahn Pistol Nazi Police issue...

Article about: Enjoy this 1915 Austrian Steyr Hahn pistol converted to 9mm Luger after January of 1940 and issued to the Nazi Police...There were approximately 60,000 WW1 Steyr Hahn pistols converted to 9m

Default Steyr Hahn Pistol Nazi Police issue...

Enjoy this 1915 Austrian Steyr Hahn pistol converted to 9mm Luger after January of 1940 and issued to the Nazi Police...There were approximately 60,000 WW1 Steyr Hahn pistols converted to 9mm Luger and issued to the German Police force as denoted by the Eagle Swastika 'L' proof mark.. The slide was marked 08 to denote the new Calibre...Even though there were 60,000 converted I consider it a rare and hard to locate Nazi pistol...Enjoy this seldom seen pistol...BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Steyr Hahn Pistol Nazi Police issue...   Steyr Hahn Pistol Nazi Police issue...  

Steyr Hahn Pistol Nazi Police issue...   Steyr Hahn Pistol Nazi Police issue...  

Last edited by Bill Grist; 09-09-2008 at 01:29 AM.
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Default Re: Steyr Hahn Nazi Police issue...

These are pretty rare in any format in the UK. Have you ever shot any Steyr Hanh's Bill?

On my recent trip to Austria I was treated to seeing many of these pistols in the Museum we visited.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    These are pretty rare in any format in the UK. Have you ever shot any Steyr Hanh's Bill?

On my recent trip to Austria I was treated to seeing many of these pistols in the Museum we visited.

Cheers, Ade.
    ADE, Yes I have shot them in both 9mm Steyr and 9mm Luger.. They are super accurate for such a odd and old Pistol...You need to come over for SOS 2009...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

KRISEV
    ?

Default Re: Steyr Hahn Pistol Nazi Police issue...

Bill,

I am new to the Forum.

My Father was in Germany during WWll and brought back a Steyr-Hahn Pistol like the one you show here except it's nickel plated, it has been kept in a box all this time. When my Father died in 1993 the box and the pistol were given to me. I have kept it just as it was the day he brought it home, he never fired it, I have fired one 9mm Luger round through it. I dont know much about the Pistol just what I see on this thread and another site ( dont know if I should type in the URL here or not ). i will try and post some pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images Steyr Hahn Pistol Nazi Police issue...  Steyr Hahn Pistol Nazi Police issue...  Steyr Hahn Pistol Nazi Police issue...  Steyr Hahn Pistol Nazi Police issue...  Steyr Hahn Pistol Nazi Police issue...  Steyr Hahn Pistol Nazi Police issue...  Steyr Hahn Pistol Nazi Police issue...  Steyr Hahn Pistol Nazi Police issue... 

Quote by KRISEV View Post
    Bill,

I am new to the Forum.

My Father was in Germany during WWll and brought back a Steyr-Hahn Pistol like the one you show here except it's nickel plated, it has been kept in a box all this time. When my Father died in 1993 the box and the pistol were given to me. I have kept it just as it was the day he brought it home, he never fired it, I have fired one 9mm Luger round through it. I dont know much about the Pistol just what I see on this thread and another site ( dont know if I should type in the URL here or not ). i will try and post some pics.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/firea...r-1916-a-8400/

joesway
    ?

Quote by Bill Grist View Post
    ADE, Yes I have shot them in both 9mm Steyr and 9mm Luger.. They are super accurate for such a odd and old Pistol...You need to come over for SOS 2009...BILL
    Hello,

I have recently acquired a Steyr-Hahn 1919 Nazi Pistol. The serial is 580z. It is in good condition. The cross-hatching on the wood is slightly worn. The only issue is that the barrel is missing. Not sure why. I will post some pics.

relic360
    ?

I think these pistols are really cool,
    And the 9mm Styr ones anyway seem pretty cheap for being such old auto pistols.
    The Lugers and C96s are way more expensive and not anymore more interesting in my book.

Do you know what exactly was involved in the conversion process?
    Was the magazine modified (since the 9mm parabelum is shorter)?
    I’ve done searches on it a couple of times and came up empty.

I wish someone would make new conversion barrels.
    Because I really like these guns but, I don’t want to feed an oddball caliber.

Quote by relic360 View Post
    I think these pistols are really cool,
    And the 9mm Styr ones anyway seem pretty cheap for being such old auto pistols.
    The Lugers and C96s are way more expensive and not anymore more interesting in my book.

Do you know what exactly was involved in the conversion process?
    Was the magazine modified (since the 9mm parabelum is shorter)?
    I’ve done searches on it a couple of times and came up empty.

I wish someone would make new conversion barrels.
    Because I really like these guns but, I don’t want to feed an oddball caliber.
    The magazines were not modified, and the barrels were newly made my Mauser... I have heard that good machinest have carefully machined off the back of 9mm Steyr cal. bbls to take the 9mm luger round and they worked perfect...BILL

Bill, I have a pistol like yours dated 1915 and with the P08 stamping.The condition is very good and i test fired it with a full stripper clip of 9mm Luger. it shot very well and accurately.Until your explanation of the eagle marking with the L stamp i did not realize that this was a nazi marking. i incorrectly thought it was the double eagle of the Hapsburg dynasty.
    I have a buyer. Is $650 a fair market price?
    You may recall me as the Englishman who visited you in your hometown, decades ago. John

?

Another pristine example from your great collection.