Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

swedish flintlock rifle

Article about: Hello, Here are some pictures of my Swedish military flint gun . it was manufactured by the Norrtälje factory. It's a model 1815/38, I shoot with regularly and it's pretty funny !!! There a

?

Default swedish flintlock rifle

Hello,

Here are some pictures of my Swedish military flint gun .
    it was manufactured by the Norrtälje factory.
    It's a model 1815/38, I shoot with regularly and it's pretty funny !!!
    There are some markings that I do not know, CAV, PW and E on the left side of the barrel... if anyone ever knows ???

swedish flintlock rifle

swedish flintlock rifle

swedish flintlock rifle

swedish flintlock rifle

?

it is a DOGLOCK MUSKET. late 1700's.

?

Thanks for your reply but this is absolutely not a Doglock of late 1700.

This one in photo is a late 1700

swedish flintlock rifle

Nice guns! I don't know what the letters mean, but I notice a notch just behind the letters. It seems to be a rear sight. Reproductions of American and British flintlock military muskets don't have rear sights, and I find it interesting that Swedish muskets do. How does it shoot? I would guess with a sight it is more accurate than American flintlock muskets. What caliber is it?

I am surprised that a 19th century musket has the doglock style safety catch, because American flintlocks from that period (and reproductions thereof, which are what I have experienced) have a half-cock notch in the tumbler for the safety. Does your musket have a half-cock, in addition to the external dog lock type safety?

?

Hi Richard2 ,

Hello, it is precisely this rear sight that interested me it's easier for shooting. (regularity). I shoot and reload as for a 1777 French rifle in 17.5mm bullet patched or greased rolling bullet it depends ... with blackpowder Swiss 3Fg (No.2) . There's just the external dog lock safety .
    There is also a big difference compared to the 1777 it is the front band that is held securely by a dovetail so the front sight blade that is not moving ....

swedish flintlock rifle
    Last edited by Mitsu; 05-14-2021 at 05:40 PM.