Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Talk about luck! A nice 1903 real cheap and a great surprise in the butt trap

Article about: Glad reminder will help. My 1903 is a Rock Island in the 238xxx with a Rock Island 1905 bayonet and I have had it since the 70's. I'd love to shoot it since it has a great trigger and a mirr

?

Default Re: Talk about luck! A nice 1903 real cheap and a great surprise in the butt trap

Glad reminder will help. My 1903 is a Rock Island in the 238xxx with a Rock Island 1905 bayonet and I have had it since the 70's. I'd love to shoot it since it has a great trigger and a mirror bore and is in excellent condition. But just like you I am not one to gamble.

?

Default Re: Talk about luck! A nice 1903 real cheap and a great surprise in the butt trap

My earlist one is a Rock Island also w/a very early 1st month or two mfg receiver serial number #4664, with a 2-06 barrel. It's in VG condition and there's No question but it's been fired through the years but as long as I own it, it will remain unfired.

Boy the photos are real grainy and make the rifle look washed out, it looks a lot better then in the photos, Ray

Talk about luck! A nice 1903 real cheap and a great surprise in the butt trapTalk about luck! A nice 1903 real cheap and a great surprise in the butt trapTalk about luck! A nice 1903 real cheap and a great surprise in the butt trapTalk about luck! A nice 1903 real cheap and a great surprise in the butt trap

Very nice 03s I have never seen a wooden parts kit.
    -Ben

?

A slightly better photo.
    This rifle was supposed to be made as a rod bayonet rifle in 30-03 cal., but the rod bayonet and caliber were canceled before the rifle was fully assembled and the rifle was then converted to 30-06 cal. by cutting back the chamber/barrel and moving the rear sight to compentsate for the alteration, (the barrel still has the grove from the pin for the sight sleeve where the sight was moved from), It then had the front band changed and made for a blade bayonet. The stock was also replaced with one not cut for the rod bayonet. Ray

Talk about luck! A nice 1903 real cheap and a great surprise in the butt trap

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2