Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Took some guns out to photograph.

Article about: Please, can you give us pictures of the MG 42? It seems it is a post war.

Default Re: Took some guns out to photograph.

Fantastic collection mate.
    I wish I lived in the USA so I could display and shoot the weapons I have.
    The MP40 is it an MGC copy?

Regards

Jim

?

Pit,
    Did I read you correctly, you are putting your G41M into auction? It should bring a pretty penny in that condition especially if it is all matching. I rarely see a live MG 13 any more it's a very hard MG to acquire. I've looked for one for 20 years and never found one I wanted to buy, great fit
    Regards,
    Sam

?

Quote by pitfighter View Post
    Decided to put the G41(m) into auction, and hauled out a couple of additional German automatics during the photographing.
    Found that red rust spots have invaded this safe (not the G41 - but nearly all the other mags had been hit), and so the afternoon was spent with oil and a rag.
    Here is some of the German collection.
    (FG is Japanese replica, MP40 with mag in is Japanese replica)

Pit.
    After a quick google check I found a company that sells " blue silica gell " little pebble size crystals. It is used by museums for moisture control in enclosed areas. It is perfect for gun safes. It turns pink as it absorbs moisture from the air. You can then put it in your oven and bake out the moisture and it turns blue again this can be done as often as you need and it doesn't wear out. A 5 Lb. can runs $25.00 I do not know what shipping would be. It will stop any rust to your weapons. It comes in clear but you can't tell when it is saturated so I suggest blue.
    The best price I found was at a company called Sorbent Systems. url sorbentsystems.com

Paratrooper - the one on bottom, in the OP, is supposedly a Tokyo Toy Company replica.
    (I had an MGC, it is gone now) - the MP40 on top (with no mag) is a BNZ 42 MP40.

Samnev - the G41(m) is not all matching - the mechanism is all matching - and the wood and wood fittings are all matching but a different number - 1600 numbers apart.
    Mine is not a primo example - my friend has a primo example - with no scratches, bluing on bang trap still there -
    His example notice how the blueing is still there on the bolt and "Bang" trap - the first places it goes:

Steve - I'll look into that company - thank you.

Pit.

Some cool machinegun pics I found in an old album:

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...6-17113922.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...6-17113950.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...6-17114017.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...6-17114037.jpg

I have been seeking info. on the MG08/15 series, with a view to buying - not sure it's going to happen, now.
    Expensive to buy, keep running, all the spare parts are expensive.
    and it's tough to think of many movie applications, beyond a WW1 film, and none of those are happening in the foreseeable.
    But these pics were in an old album, and I thought they were worth sharing.

Pit.

By all means, do as Steve suggests and check out the drying silica gel packs. I would Never keep steel inside a safe in a hot or humid climate without using it. Even then, check on the contents of the safe every 3-4 weeks max. If possible, wear white gloves when handling them.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks - good advice, Wagriff!

Another fun pic - paras inspect Garand.
    http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...8-18185528.jpg

US marked 1950's Kurz - wild, eh?
    2012-08-18231639.jpg

Pit.

Got to shoot an MP40. once about 20 years ago. Had an old guy walk into the shop one day and he said he had someting in the car to show me. Went out and here it was. A mint BNZ 41 Mp40. with all matching numbers and orginal sling. He had the capture papers and the ATF forms so he could own it. He knew I liked WWII German stuff, so he asked if I wanted to shoot it?
    Heck yes!!! I went back in the shop and grabed 3 boxes of 9mm off the shelf and told my help I would be back soon.
    Went out to my mothers farm and set up some cans at about 25 yards. I now know why they make magazine loaders for these. You get 24 rds in the clip and then use the loader to finnish loading. I got to where I could almost single shot it just by taping the trigger. I can see why everyone wanted these. very easy to control and very accurate. Some years later I inquired as to what had happened to him as I hadn't seen him in a while. His friend said he had passed away and his gun could not be found. So sad. That was the best day I have ever had shooting a WWII German firearm.

Quote by pitfighter View Post
    Decided to put the G41(m) into auction, and hauled out a couple of additional German automatics during the photographing.
    Found that red rust spots have invaded this safe (not the G41 - but nearly all the other mags had been hit), and so the afternoon was spent with oil and a rag.
    Here is some of the German collection.
    (FG is Japanese replica, MP40 with mag in is Japanese replica)

Pit.
    Fantastic collection. Let the drooling begin folks. All I have to compare with some of these are:--and one will be posted here soon--is my ultra rare Mauser Sniper rifle variant w/ 25 round fixed magazine. The other is just a nice conditioned run of the mill AC-43 Walther P-38 and a Philipine Contract 1898 Krag Carbine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast